Chapter 77

(((June 6, 2016)))
Nicole's POV

I woke up to someone banging on the front door at exactly 7:27 that morning. I didn't know of anyone that would be banging on the door that early, so I woke Parker up from his deep slumber. He grunted a few times, but he immediately got up when he heard the loud banging on the door. He mumbled a few cuss words as he groggily walked out of the room in his sweat pants.

A few minutes later, a sleepy, grumpy Parker came back into the room.

"Who was at the--" I started to say, but I stopped when I saw a hyped up Hannah come running in the room and plop onto the bed. "Hannah!"

"The one and only!" Hannah smiled. "You didn't really think I was going to miss my little niece's or nephew's first baby picture, did you?"

"I don't know why you had to wake us up so early." Parker grumbled as he slid a tee shirt on.

"Parker, you wake up earlier than this every single day." I said.

"Yeah, but--" Parker began.

"But what?" I interrupted. "You can't be that tired. We didn't even do anything last night."

Parker mumbled, "I don't like to be woken up if I don't have to. I still had a good hour of sleep left."

"Aw, poor baby." I cooed at him as I put one arm around him and fixed his hair with the other hand. "You wanna go back to sleep, honey?"

"No." Parker grunted.

"Then act happy." I smiled before saying to Hannah, "So how'd you get here?"

"Apparently, Payson has connections, and he got me a plane ride here!" Hannah smiled. "He was going to come, but he had to work."

"Well, I'm so glad you're here!" I smiled as I hugged her. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too!" Hannah smiled. "I've missed you and the little Schnabel." Hannah giggled as she rubbed my belly.

Parker smirked. "That's what you're calling my child?"

"Uh, yah." Hannah scoffed. "It's gender neutral. What do you call the baby?"

"Little Nugget." Parker smiled. "My little nugget."

I laughed and Hannah said, "That's what you call my niece or nephew? At least it's not turdhead munchkin like Payson. That is literally what he calls the baby when we talk about it."

I laughed. "I can't wait until I know if it's a boy or girl so I can pick out a name."

"I know!" Hannah squealed. "We're going to pick out the perfect name!"

"You gotta run the name by me first." Parker said. "And I reserve the right to say no to any name."

"We know, Parker." I said. "You're the daddy, we know that we have to run things by you. Even though the baby's inside me."

"Baby wouldn't be there if it weren't for me." Parker said as he picked up his phone. "I'm going to call Rick and see how things are going."

"Okay." I said as I watched Parker start walking out of the room. "Tell him that there's dinner frozen in the freezer! Just put it in the oven!"