Chapter 87

(((July 6, 2016)))
Nicole's POV

3:56 a.m.

I felt the other side of the bed creak down, then I felt two arms wrap around my waist.

"That better be you, Parker." I mumbled groggily.

"Yeah, because there's another man who has a key to the back door." Parker said sleepily as he pulled me closer to him.

"I should be mad at you." I mumbled.

"We'll talk about it in the morning." Parker promised before kissing me behind my ear. "Let's just go to sleep."

"Alright." I mumbled before drifting back to sleep.

"I love you." Parker whispered in my ear. "And the baby."

I smiled. "I love you too."

***

"Nicole! Parker!" Mom called into the room. "Breakfast is ready! Come say hey to your Dad before he leaves!"

I groaned and turned over to see Parker still dead asleep. I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head in his chest. Just give me five more minutes.

"Parker!" I heard Dad call. "Nicole!"

It may have been longer than five minutes.

"What." Parker groaned.

"I'm leaving." Dad said as I heard his boots coming into the room. "Just wanted to make sure you two were alive."

"Yeah." Parker grunted as he pulled me closer to him.

"Alright." Dad said. "Good luck at the baby's appointment today."

"Thanks, Dad." I said sleepily. "Have a good day at work."

"I'll be back around the house by the time the appointment is over." Dad said. "I just gotta go check on a few things. Love you kids."

"You too." Parker and I said groggily.

The last thing I heard before falling back asleep was Dad's boots walking away.

And then that five more minutes turned into a few more hours of sleep.

"Alright, you two." Mom said as she shook both of our shoulders. "It's really time to get up now. The appointment is in an hour."

Should I get up or go back to sleep?

"Parker." I groggily said as I sat up and shook his shoulder. "Get up."

I rubbed my eyes and looked up at Mom.

"Are you getting up now?" Mom smirked.

"Yeah." I nodded. "I'll get him up."

"Alright." Mom said. "Food's in the kitchen. I'm going to get a shower."

"Okay." I yawned before Mom walked out.

"Parker." I said again while running my fingers through his hair. "Get up, baby."

Parker mumbled and felt around until he found me and pulled me over to him again.

"Parker!" I said loudly. "It's time to get up! It's..." I grabbed my phone from the bedside table and looked at the time. "12:30. The appointment's at 1:30. Get up!"