Chapter 19

(((November 23, 2015)))
Nicole's POV
I woke up the next morning, and we were still laying on the couch. Parker was holding me as he slept. He's pretty much the best boyfriend ever. I hate that we weren't really talking for a few days, but the making up sure was fun. I'm so glad that he's mine.

I get out of his grasp without waking him up, and go back to my room to get ready for work. It's about 6:30 in the morning, but I don't have to leave for work until about 7:15. I figured that I would cook some breakfast for me and him. I put on my clothes, and finish getting ready, then I start making breakfast. I decided that I would make bacon, eggs, and pancakes.

About ten minutes later while I'm cooking, Parker comes into the kitchen.

"Hm. Hey. What are you doing?" He said in his raspy morning voice as he walked over.

"Good morning, baby. I'm making us something to eat."

"Smells good." He said, looking around at the food I was cooking. "Why are we up so early, though?"

I hadn't told him that I took the job yet.

"I have to go to work at the doctor's office."

"Baby, I really wish that you would just not work. I can take care of you."

"I know you can. But I want to take care of myself. I'm not your responsibility to take care of."

"You're my girlfriend. You kinda are."

"We live separately, we've been together for about two weeks. I'm not your responsibility."

"I'm with you all the time. I've known you forever and a day. You're more than just my girlfriend. You're my best friend, and I want to take care of you."

"Parker, people will talk if you start paying my bills and stuff."

"What do you mean? Who? Why?"

"They'll say that I'm giving you something to make you pay for my everything. And you know what I mean by something."

"What? Sex?"

"Yeah."

"But you're not, though. Look, all I want is a chance to show you that I can take care of you. I mean, don't you wanna know that I can take care of you no matter what happens?"

"I know that you can take care of me, Parker. But you need that money to put back into the operation in the spring, for fuel and machines, ground."

"I love it when you talk like you know about mining, baby." He came over to me and wrapped his arms around me from behind. "But, I have enough money, believe me."

"So are you saying that you don't want me to go to work anymore?"

"That's exactly what I'm saying. Quit right now."

"Are you sure?"

"100% sure. Hey, we're going to California this weekend."

"Oh my gosh, nuh uh."

"Yup we are."

"I've always wanted to go to California!"

"Well, we're going. So you see why you need to just trust me."

"Okay, fine. I see that you're not going to let this go."

"No, I'm not. So did I just hear a yes?"

"Yes. But you have to call my boss because you talked me into it."

"Fine. Where's your phone?"

"In my purse on the bar."

A few minutes later, he came back from outside where he was talking to my boss. He set my phone on the bar beside his and came back beside me.