Chapter 43

Nicole's POV
Yes, I'm really really mad at Parker right now as we ride down the road back to the hospital. There will be no Disneyland, and there will be no fun. I can't even bear to say two words to him anymore. I feel like I might break down into tears any second. I want to believe what he's said is true, but I can't. There's a part of me that knows he's lying, and another part that knows he's telling the truth. I can't bear the fact that he might have cheated on me, after all we've been through and everything that he's promised me.

We pull into the driveway of the hotel, and I get out with my things without saying a word. He stays in the truck as I go up to the room. Tears start streaming down my face as soon as I'm out of his sight. It was only then that I realized that Parker had the room key; I could only hope that Hannah or Payson was in the room, or I would have to sit outside the door until he decided to walk in, because I wasn't going to go back out there.

I get to the room and knock on the door. There was no answer. I knock again. There was still no answer, and I could hear no sound from inside. I turn around and slide down against the door until I'm sitting on the ground in the middle of the hallway. I grab my phone out of my bag and call Hannah.

"Hello?" Hannah said as she answered the phone.

"Hey." I sniffed.

"Shouldn't you be at Disneyland by now?"

"I-um-we changed our minds. Where are you?"

"Payson and I decided to go out to eat before we went to the hospital. Why? Where are you?"

"Sitting in the hallway of the hotel because I can't get in the door."

"Parker has a key. Just get him to open it."

I started crying to Hannah. "Parker's outside in the truck."

"What happened?"

"Me and him got into a fight." I cried.

"About what?" Hannah said, concerned.

"This Ashley bitch texted his phone and it just got worse from there. He's mad, and I'm mad, and I just don't know what to do." I said through the sobs.

"Okay, just hang tight there. We're coming."

"No, don't leave your date just because of me and Parker."

"We're through eating anyway. We'll be there in ten minutes."

"Okay." I sniffed.

"Go up to the front desk and say you lost your key."

"Yeah, okay."

"I'll be there in a few. Bye, love you."

"Love you too, Hannah." I sniffed.

The call ended, and I stood up. I wiped the tears from my eyes and face, even though I knew everyone would be able to tell I had been crying. I ran my fingers through my hair as I started walking to the elevator to go to the ground floor.

I went up to the front desk as I wiped my eyes for the hundredth time. I smiled as the desk lady turned and smiled.

"Hi, um, I lost my room key and I was wondering if I could get another one." I said.

"What room?"

"Room 513."

"Name?"