Chapter Ninety-One

Fire rained down from the skies as Charizard circled his adversary, Goodra, making sure to steer clear of the multitude of electrical attacks being sent his way

Fire rained down from the skies as Charizard circled his adversary, Goodra, making sure to steer clear of the multitude of electrical attacks being sent his way. It had been a close battle up until this point for both Shauna and Trevor as they each were down to their final teammates. Trevor, from what most could tell, had the advantage. Charizard's mega evolution afforded him a faster flight speed and a more backing to his firepower due to his new ability. Goodra remained on the defensive, warding off the occasional Dragon Pulse that followed shortly after each stream of fire.

"Keep up the pressure Charizard, we've got her on the ropes!" Trevor shouted encouragingly.

Charizard roared an affirmative and swerved around a stream of draconic fire that ripped through the air, nearly clipping his wing as he avoided it. In retaliation, Charizard flapped his wings rapidly, loosing several sharp blades of wind that battered the dragon where she stood. Goodra braced herself as the attacks came, planting her feet as she was buffeted by the harsh winds that sliced against her slimy scales.

"Hang in there Goodra, we can win this!" Shauna called out. "Let's show them what you're made of, Hydro Pump!"

Goodra drew breath and blasted the sky with multiple thick streams of fast-moving water that put Charizard on the run. Trevor watched as each attack missed its target, a smile growing on his face as Goodra continued to expend energy with every attack. At Trevor's command, Charizard barrel rolled away from another blast and dove swiftly at Goodra, his mouth gaping and charged with draconic light. This was it, he had her... at least, he thought he did until Goodra's horns suddenly shot out like vines and wrapped themselves around Charizard, dragging him to the ground and forcefully slamming him onto the arena, making the attack he'd prepared fizzle out.

"Wh-What!?" Trevor exclaimed, sweat trickling down his face as he saw Charizard struggling to break the hold of the slimy horns that bound him.

"Oh my, looks like someone's in a bind!~" Shauna said in a sing-song voice while placing her hands on her hips and grinning. "Power Whip is a cool move isn't it? I knew you'd get too eager so I saved it for last. Looks like I win!" Shauna giggled, holding up a victory sign and winking before issuing the final command. "Goodra, Hydro Pump!"

Charizard's eyes went wide as Goodra sucked in air and blasted him in the face at point blank range with a strong burst of water, putting him out of commission within seconds.

"Charizard is unable to battle! Goodra wins the round meaning Shauna moves on to the quarter finals!"

Shauna shimmied giddily in place before running to the center of the ring to meet Trevor, pulling him into an immediate hug.

"That was fun! I can't believe I won that, I really thought you were going to win," Shauna admitted with a laugh.

"I honestly wasn't expecting that result. You and Goodra are a really good team, you deserved that win. I got a little too eager at the end," Trevor said with a nervous chuckle.