Chapter Twelve

Princess Allie sighed contentedly as she played in the garden below with the palace Pokémon. Several Vivillon fluttered around her and Furfrou as well as a few Floette. She smiled as one of the Floette glided towards her open hands. A smile curved onto her features as she held the little flower-sailor.

"Last night was simply wonderful," she began, patting the little one on the head as she spoke. "Charles set up the most delightful date. The table was reserved near the stage where the music was heard best. Dessert was delicious, and to top it all off, he gave me the most beautiful boquet of flowers after a carriage ride home!" Allie exclaimed excitedly.

"After that date, the others will probably be stepping up their game once they hear of it," Allie grinned, glancing around at the many little friends that were now gathered around.

As she talked with the inhabitants of the garden, her parents were watching from the balcony, smiles on their faces as they observed her interactions.

"Our daughter has a nack for attracting them doesn't she?" The King said with a chuckle.

"That she does, love. It's times like this where it's hard for me to believe that she acts the way she does around everyone she meets. As spoiled as she is, when it comes to Pokémon, she's a deeply caring individual. She'll do anything for them," the Queen sighed, leaning on her husbands shoulder.

"Louder

"Louder."

A gutteral growl emitted from Litleo's throat, followed by a little roar. Seth, who sat on the ground just ten feet away from Litleo, didn't seem the least bit impressed. His eyes were shut in meditation.

"Louder," he repeated.

Litleo snorted and planted her feet and roared again, the sound echoing a little louder this time, but still no reaction from Seth.

"Put more feeling into it. Louder," Seth commanded again.

Frustrated, Litleo snarled at Seth and opened her mouth, spitting a small fireball towards him. The ball sped past Seth who didn't seem to budge. A smirk crossed his visage as he felt the heat of the flames.

That's it girl. Just a little more and you'll learn it. "Louder," was his reply.

Now Litleo was irritated. She crouched low, her tail swishing to and fro in frustration. Rearing her head back, she snapped it forward and emitted a much stronger roar than the previous one, scaring off a few Fletchling who had been nesting in a tree nearby. Seth still remained unmoved, but his smile grew more.

"Better. Now louder," Seth encouraged.

Once more, Litleo drew in breath and blasted the sky with her voice, causing a few trees to shake slightly in the process as the sound waves traveled through their branches.