Chapter Ten

Seth stared blankly ahead as the little lion cub slipped out from the bushes

Seth stared blankly ahead as the little lion cub slipped out from the bushes. Pawniard studied the new arrival carefully and then turned to his trainer, an expectant look on his face. Seth reached into his pocket and pulled out his dex and aimed it towards the curious Pokémon before him.

"Litleo, the Lion Cub Pokémon. The stronger the opponent it faces, the more heat surges from its mane and the rest of its body. They set off on their own from their pride and live by themselves to become stronger. These Pokémon are quick to fight," said the dex as she gathered the information on Litleo.

"Looks like we'll be getting our first catch a little earlier than expected," Seth stated as he pocketed his dex and stood up, keeping an eye on the cub as she padded towards the duo.

Seth glanced down at the food he still had out of the bag and then back to Litleo who was sniffing the air. Seth shifted his gaze over to Pawniard who remained motionless for the time being. A loud growling sound reached Seth's ears. Seth blinked and watched as Litleo looked down at her rumbling tummy.

Now that I think of it, a battle can wait, Seth thought, watching Litleo's eyes shift towards his food. It wouldn't be fair if I fought her with an empty stomach. "Pawniard, over here for now. She's hungry, let's get her something to eat," Seth commanded, beckoning Pawniard towards him.

The little chess piece obeyed and made his way towards Seth, motioning for Litleo to follow. Curious, the little cub did as she was asked and followed the blade bodied Pokémon towards his master. She took a seat and watched while Seth reached into his bag and pulled out a bag of Pokémon food. The tantalizing scents tickled her nostrils and enticed her into venturing closer. Seth reached in and took a handful and held it out to her. With no hesitation, Litleo devoured the treats in his hand as if she hadn't eaten in days.

"Someone was hungry," Seth laughed, observing Litleo lick her lips in satisfaction. "There's more where that came from if you're still hungry," Seth added, getting an affirmative nod from the cub who opened her mouth as if to ask for more.

"I guess you still are," Seth said with a soft smile, reaching into the bag to grab a another handful.

Litleo dove into the treats and gobbled them down quickly before rolling onto her back, a content look on her face as she licked her lips again.

"All full?" Seth queried, getting a nod from the cub. "Good, I'm glad. You really looked hungry," Seth added, reaching out to gently stroke the tuft of red fur on her head.

Litleo purred into his touch and nudged her head into his hand a bit more. As Seth pet her, she caught sight of the spheres on his belt. Following her eyes, Seth realized she'd spotted his capture devices. Litleo tilted her head, a question lurking in her eyes.

"So Litleo, how do you feel about going on a journey?" Seth began, gaining the little cub's interest almost instantly. "I know how Litleo love a good challenge, and this journey I am taking is definitely a good one for you. You'll get to battle strong Pokémon and trainers as well. Sound like fun?"