Chapter Seventy-One

She was deep in meditation when something disrupted the tranquility of her mind. Her periwinkle eyes began to glow brightly as all around her unfolded a vision. She'd had it before, but never had it been this vivid. In her vision was a woman in a brilliant gown, dancing happily while surrounded by a multitude of flowers. As the vision went on, a man appeared on the scene and began to court the woman, eventually coaxing her into dancing with him. All was well as they danced, and it seemed as though nothing could tear this happy union apart. It wasn't until the dance came to a close that disaster struck.

A circle of fire erupted around the woman, separating the two in an instant. Within mere moments, a pillar of flame consumed the woman, causing her to disappear completely, leaving the man distraught and filled with bitterness and rage. Then, as fast as the vision unfolded, it ceased, leaving the woman beholding it in a state of shock. Sweat trickled down the side of her face as she contemplated its meaning. As she dwelt upon the significance of the vision, another image flickered into her mind.

It was the face of a young man with dark auburn hair and eyes like the blue lagoon. Beside him, riding on a Mamoswine of their own, were two companions, one male one female. They were plowing through the treacherous path that was Mamoswine Road, casting aside boulders and digging up the snow in their way. Her eyes shifted from one face to the next before landing back on the blue-eyed male. Her eyes widened as she drank in his appearance. She could feel an great and terrible aura radiating from him.

She knew of only one other individual who possessed such power. As the vision faded, her body began to tremble. Excitement filled her entire being after seeing the approach of what could be her greatest challenge since a certain young woman a few years prior.

"Someone powerful this way comes..." she said to herself with a smile.

The sound of doors opening drew her attention to the entrance as two women, one with a blonde Kalosian bobcut and the other with short, brown spiky hair, made their way inside. Slowly making her descent from her levitating meditation, she touched down in front of the two women and placed a hand on her hip while meeting their eyes.

"It's been quite some time, hasn't it Olympia?" said the blonde with a slight chuckle.

"Indeed it has. You're looking well, Mathilde," Olympia replied, her periwinkle eyes shifting over to the Champion while raising a quizzical brow. "And to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit, Diantha?"

The Champion gave Mathilde a sidelong glance before addressing Olympia's question. "My good friend here, said that her student would be passing through here at some point today. Since I'm curious, I decided I would attend his gym match whenever he arrives."

"So that boy is your student huh? I thought I'd felt something familiar from him," Olympia said to Mathilde, earning a smirk from the swordswoman.

"Saw him already have you? I knew it would only be a matter of time before you caught wind of him. Nothing gets past those near all seeing eyes of yours."

"If he's every bit as strong as his aura depicts, then this will be quite a challenge for me..."