Chapter Eighty-Five

News of Team Flare's defeat quickly spread after a team of reporters appeared on the scene to investigate

News of Team Flare's defeat quickly spread after a team of reporters appeared on the scene to investigate. What they found upon reaching the scene was beyond what they'd initially expected. The town was in shambles save for the lone structure that was the entrance to the lab which stood at the back of the town. When Seth emerged from the depths of the lab with an unconscious—but breathing—Allie, it didn't take long for reporters to swarm him. Question after question had been fired at him as he moved toward the Geosenge center where he could admit Allie to get looked over. Fortunately for him, Mathilde was there to bail him out of that awkward situation.

He now sat inside the center where everyone else had been waiting. When they asked him what happened, he wasn't sure at first what to say. But after reassuring himself that Allie was alright and that it wasn't a dream that Xerneas had brought her back, he disclosed the details about what happened. Before long, police had arrived into town to round up any members that were still inside the base. Some were walked out while others were brought out on stretchers due to injury, Mr. Dubois being among them.

"I... um... wow..." Jamie said, unable to put into words a proper reaction to what Seth had just told everyone.

"I'm just glad that it's finally over. Too many people have gotten hurt because of them. I hope they all rot in jail," Felicity said flatly, crossing her arms with a huff.

"Well, by the looks of things, I don't think any of them will be getting out of there anytime soon. All of the police are gone now so I'm assuming they got everyone. I know Serena will be thrilled to hear that. Speaking of, you'll be happy to know that she's awake and doing a lot better now thanks to Mathilde," Trevor said, his face burning up as he felt Shauna take his hand in hers.

Seth couldn't help but chuckle as he saw this. For the longest time Trevor had been trying to hide what he felt for Shauna and now it looked as though everything was out in the open.

"I should go and see her, shouldn't I?" Seth replied, earning a nod from everyone in the group. "Alright then," he said, "I'll be back in a bit..."

Seth rose to a stand and took a deep breath as he prepared himself to face Serena. He felt partially responsible for what happened to her and even though Mathilde finished what he started with her healing. After speaking to the nurse, he was allowed to go beyond the desk and into the room where Serena had been moved to after treatment. When he opened the door, Serena was sitting up with a book in her lap while her mother, Grace was sitting by her side. Her heart leaped the moment she saw that it was Seth who had come in to see her.

For a moment, she had forgotten how to talk. He looked as though he'd been put through the ringer with how torn up his clothing was. Remarkably, he was no longer injured thanks to some help from a certain new friend that he'd made in the lab. His strength had been restored which was why he was able to walk out of the lab and carry Allie without difficulty. Seth didn't say much as he approached them. He didn't need to it seemed, because the next thing he knew, Grace had pulled him into a tight, emotional hug while repeatedly thanking him for what he'd done for her daughter.