Chapter Seventy-Six

The doors to an laboratory—deep beneath Geosange Town—opened as Xerosic and his team of scientists walked inside. The room was largely empty, save for  a nearby workstation with a computer. In the center of the room was a single platform with multiple tubes connecting to what looked to be a withered white tree.

"What is our percentage, Celosia?" Xerosic inquired as he gazed up at the tree.

"Forty-five percent. It's gone up in the past few days but without Xerneas actually being alive we can't hope to make things run any faster," Celosia replied after reading the computer at the workstation.

"That's better than I'd expected. Now, onto more pressing matters. Did you all complete that chamber for our new little friend?"

"It's being delivered here as we speak..."

"Excellent... it won't be long now. Once Lysandre returns from his errand, we can turn our vision into reality!"

Seth and Allie stood together as a gathering of about twenty Team Flare members surrounded them in the garden with their teams out and ready

Seth and Allie stood together as a gathering of about twenty Team Flare members surrounded them in the garden with their teams out and ready. Among the foes were Weavile, Manectric, Druddigon, Honchkrow and Houndoom, along with a slew of other formidable Fire-types that looked as though they were ready to burn the place to ashes. The Floette that had been chased around found her way into Allie's arms and was now shaking fearfully.

Allie cursed under her breath, clenching her fists in irritation. "They weren't supposed to find her..." she said in a hushed tone.

She did not like the odds that were in front of her. While her team was strong, she and Seth were outnumbered. Looking over at Seth, she could see that there was a calmness about him despite the situation. Why was he so composed? Was it because he carried a sword that he felt so secure? Was it his status as a student of Mathilde that gave him such confidence? No... there was more to it than that. Seth wouldn't allow himself to be defined by any title or weapon he happened to carry. Out of the corner of her eye she could see that Seth was formulating a plan to deal with the situation at hand.

"The odds aren't in your favor princess. If you hand over the Eternal Flower now it'll make things less difficult for all of us," the admin said as diplomatically as possible, knowing full well that one word from him could turn the palace into a battlefield.

"You're out of your mind if you think I'm doing that!" Allie said firmly, fixing the man with a piercing glare.

"On the contrary princess, it is you who is out of your mind. There are twenty of us here and only two of you and while I am aware that you are a very capable trainer, as is that man standing with you, you cannot hope to best all of us. As amusing as it would be to watch you try, I'm afraid I haven't the patience for that," the man said with the snap of his fingers, signaling his team to seize the opposition immediately.

As a Weavile leaped from his position to strike, he was soon met by resistance in the form of a crimson blade. Parrying the blow, Cerise struck hard with her second blade, sending the offending Weavile sailing through the air and crashing into the ground.