Chapter Forty-Six

Allie sat in front of the mirror of her hotel room, fussing over her hair for what felt like the hundredth time. Furfrou sat at her feet, listening to her trainer mutter to herself as she did her best to make herself presentable. The previous night after the gym, as well as today, had flown by in a flash. Before she knew it, the clock had struck four which meant that in six hours, she'd be heading back home. She knew that the three days would go by fast, and that she'd have to move on to the other suitors eventually. However, she felt somewhat guilty leaving Seth without properly getting to know him. They had spoken quite a bit during the time they had together, but when she recalled her trips with Charles, Thomas and Grayson, she'd talked up a storm! And after seeing a glimpse of who Seth was, she was kicking herself for not asking more questions and treating this time more seriously and sincerely.

Looking in the mirror she finally threw her hands up and undid the hair tie to let her hair fall over her shoulders. Why was she so frustrated? it was just a date. Something she added to the requirements of the competition for all the men to take part in. Time with her was invaluable as far as she was concerned. Yes, she was a princess, and they were all prospects to be sorted through for husband material. And thus far, Seth had scored just as high as the others, meaning giving him the fourth spot on the list was indeed warranted. Glancing at her blue sapphire, off shoulder dress she was wearing, she adjusted it slightly at the top and made sure that the sleeves were rolled down. Adding the finishing touches, she placed her matching crescent earrings in and pulled her hair to one side so that it fell over one shoulder.

"Okay," she breathed, looking in the mirror and giving herself a confident look, "I'm ready for this."

Furfrou gave her a questioning look, earning her a frown from her trainer.

"Don't you start. I may not be able to speak your language, but I don't have to when your face tells me what you're saying," Allie huffed, placing a hand on her hip as she looked back at the mirror. "I'm dressed to kill and you know it."

Furfrou rolled her eyes and jumped up on the hotel bed and looked at Allie, a wolfish grin resting on her features. Allie was happy, despite what she thought of Seth. While Allie may not be entirely aware of it, Furfrou could tell that Allie was starting to like Seth better now that she'd spent time with him. And as much as she wanted to see how their date went, she'd done her job and it was time for Seth to take over from there.

"I take it she's still with the girls?" Furfrou asked as Seth took her for her evening walk as a favor for Allie

"She is. I asked Shauna and Serena to keep her company while I get ready for tomorrow night. She's actually begun to like those two despite how quirky they can be," Seth laughed.

"I see, and where have the other two gone off to?" Furfrou inquired, stopping as they reached the lakefront.

"They're off practicing for their gym match tomorrow morning. They're gonna be out pretty late, which gives us plenty of time to figure out what I'm doing," Seth replied, taking a seat on the bench so he could look out over the lake.