Chapter Five

Seth stood before the mirror, adjusting the silk blue tie he'd purchased to go with his suit

Seth stood before the mirror, adjusting the silk blue tie he'd purchased to go with his suit. He stared at himself in the mirror, looking over his appearance to be certain he at least looked presentable. He wasn't exactly one to care about how he looked. If it were up to him, he'd leave the house with his hair whatever way he desired. Having a sister, put a dent in those plans. Combined with their mother, the chances of him leaving the house without at least something matching were slim to none.

He supposed he ought to thank them for that. They always took good care of him. Taking one last look at himself, he picked up Pawniard's ball and clipped him to his belt, before picking up his rapier and hitching it to his side. According to the queen, there was likely to be dancing, something he wasn't exactly opposed to, but not exactly thrilled about either. Turning away from the mirror, he stepped outside of his room where his sister Melody and her friend were waiting.

Their eyes sparkled the moment he stepped out of the room.

"Are we good or what!?" They squealed with glee, bright smiles adorning their faces as they looked him over.

"I knew this would look good on you. I'm usually never wrong about these kinds of things," Melody grinned, getting a nod from her friend.

"And this tie definitely suits you. No pun intended," Kate laughed. "And those cufflinks! No doubt you'll get some attention with those on your wrists. Though...why the sword?" Kate inquired.

Seth raised a brow.

"It's just for decoration. Don't look so worried," Seth replied, glancing over at Melody who sweat-dropped. "I'm not going to be using it or anything," Seth muttered.

"If you say so," Melody stated, looking him over again. "Hmmm...there we go!" She stated, brushing a few bangs away from his eyes so they could be more visible. "No hiding those blue gems," Melody smiled.

"Agreed Melody, agreed," Kate concurred.

Seth rolled his eyes.

"So, am I done here? Do I look presentable enough?" Seth inquired, hoping this would be enough.

Kate and Melody began circling Seth, looking him over to see if there was anything else that needed to be added. Stopping in front of him, they both exchanged glances before shrugging.

"Nah, I think you're all set. Though I do have one question. Why do you seem so concerned about how you look if you're not there to impress anyone?" Kate queried. "I mean, you usually don't care either way."

Seth cleared his throat and shook his head.

"I just want to look presentable, that's all. It's an event thrown by the royal family. If I were to show up in anything less than this, well...let's just say I don't think her majesty would ever let me live it down. And I don't need to give her anything to talk about," Seth frowned.