Chapter Sixty-Seven

Sitting at the base of an ancient tree was Lavarre City, the 'city of otherworldly dreams.' It was a tranquil city where many trainers could relax and enjoy themselves. Sitting inside the Cafe on the northeastern side of the city, Jamie and Felicity sat at a table sipping on frappes and conversing.

"Can you believe how fast time has flown? I mean, we're already here in Lavarre!" Jamie exclaimed.

"We did work pretty hard didn't we? Getting that badge from Valerie won't be easy mind you. She's got quite a few tricks up her sleeve," Felicity reminded him.

"True, but I'm sure we can handle it," Jamie replied casually. "By the way, did you ever get around to telling Seth we made it here?"

Felicity placed her chin between her hands and smirked. "Nope. I figured it'd be better if we surprised him. Besides, I wanna see how I stack up to him after all this time."

"With the way that guy trains, I'm sure he's strong as hell right now," Jamie replied, remembering their sparring sessions in the gym at school.

"That's exactly what I'm counting on," Felicity said grinning. "I expect nothing less from the one person I saw as a rival..."

Jamie could see the determination on Felicity's face. It was the same look she'd given Seth the day they first met when he was introduced to their class.

"Class, if I could have your attention for a few moments, there's someone I'd like to introduce to you all," Mrs

"Class, if I could have your attention for a few moments, there's someone I'd like to introduce to you all," Mrs. Rosseau declared as she took a seat on her desk, crossing one leg over the other before gesturing to the door and saying, "you may come in now, young man."

Making his way into the classroom was a boy of average height with dark brown hair and bright sapphire eyes and fair skin.

"Go ahead and introduce yourself," Mrs. Rosseau urged him with a reassuring smile.

Steeling his nerves, the young man cast aside his nervousness and began to speak.

"It's... nice to meet you all. I'm Seth Da Silva and um..." Seth paused, looking over at his new teacher who only nodded for him to keep going. "I'm hoping we can all be friends."

"Thank you Seth, you may take a seat wherever you choose," Mrs. Rosseau said cheerfully.

Seth glanced around at the classroom, spotting several empty seats throughout the room. Not exactly being the social type, he found it difficult to decide on where he ought to sit. Just then, a student spoke up to get his attention.

"Got a seat right here newbie!" a blonde boy called out to him, pointing to a seat in front of him.

Seth relaxed his mind a little and trekked over to the seat he'd been offered, his eyes meeting with a pair of curious emerald eyes belonging to a ginger in the seat in front of the seat he was about to take. She seemed to be studying him, almost as if she were sizing him up. Taking a seat, Seth set his backpack down and straightened up in his chair. That's when the girl turned her head to look at him over her shoulder. There was a fierceness to the calm look she was portraying. Behind those eyes was an unspoken challenge. Seth recognized that type of look anywhere.