Chapter Ninety-Two

With the quarterfinals just an hour away, Seth found himself in the company of his sister who was on her way to see Allie as per her request

With the quarterfinals just an hour away, Seth found himself in the company of his sister who was on her way to see Allie as per her request. The youngest Da Silva couldn't help but prattle on excitedly about all the pictures she'd taken and the fact that she'd found the perfect ending for her book and was in the process of finishing it. As she showed him several of her photos, she paused upon seeing Jamie just several yards away from them causing her cheeks to tint bright pink. Jamie, who had been lost in thought as he looked out over the battlefield soon heard their approach and acknowledged them with a smile and a wave.

"It's hard to believe we're actually about to square off soon isn't it?" Jamie said with a chuckle. "We've been dreaming of this day for quite a while haven't we?"

"It's been one crazy ride hasn't it? To think that just the other day we were sitting in Mrs. Rosseau's class learning about all of this and watching league matches from past conferences. It's all rather surreal if you ask me. I had hoped that we'd face each other in the semifinals, but you know how random selection works," Seth replied with a shrug.

"Tell me about it. I had a feeling it would either be you or Felicity that I'd be facing. Anyway, enough about that. What are you two up to?" Jamie inquired, looking down at Melody who was preoccupied with looking at the pictures she'd taken.

"We're heading up to see Allie. She wanted to see Melody about something," Seth replied casually.

"A summons from the princess herself huh, any idea what it's about?" Jamie asked curiously.

Melody paused what she was doing and shook her head. "She didn't say anything other than the fact that it was of the utmost importance."

"Sounds neat, you can fill me in after Seth and I settle things in the arena. Best not to keep your woman waiting am I right?" Jamie said with a cheeky grin as he elbowed Seth playfully.

"You're right," Melody giggled, "it wouldn't do to tell someone you love them and then keep them waiting now would it?"

"When did you-"

"Allie told me, duh," Melody said quickly.

"She told the whole world she was ready for marriage, it shouldn't come as a surprise that she'd tell her friends someone confessed to her," Jamie replied smirking.

"Right, of course she would," Seth muttered, a faint smile etching its way onto his face as he imagined how the conversation must have gone. "Hey Jamie... I know this is still up in the air but, assuming I win this thing, I'd like it if you were my best man if that's alright with you."

"If it's alright with me? You know we're best buds right? Of course I'll do it!" Jamie said with a wide grin.

"Awesome, I guess that settles it then. See you after the conference. We'll talk more about it then," Seth replied, bumping fists with Jamie before turning to head toward the stairs that lead up to where Allie was waiting.