Chapter Seventy-Three

He approaches...

A smile formed on Olympia's face as she levitated above the arena while deep in meditation. Mathilde stood beside Jolie and Diantha, waiting eagerly for the arrival of her pupil. Jamie and Felicity were sitting in the stands.

Perhaps I should give him a little taste of what he will be facing, Olympia thought while channeling her psychic power through her body. She then proceeded to send out a small pulse of energy that would phase through the door to the outside.

He could feel it. The psychic force that was waiting for him beyond the double doors of the Anistar City Gym was as powerful as Mathilde had made it out to be. That single pulse of energy that sent chills running down his spine told Seth all he needed to know about the upcoming battle he was about to endure. A smirk curved onto his face and a chuckle slipped out of his mouth.

"That's some greeting," Seth mused, tapping into his own aura as he extended his hand outward, "I guess I must respond," he grinned, sending a wave of his own aura in reply.

Olympia's eyes widened as the rush of energy washed over her. Needless to say, it gave her goosebumps. Looking down she could see Mathilde sporting a smug grin. A low whistle left the lips of the Sword Mistress as she too caught wind of the little return greeting her student had given.

"Mathilde... what did you do to this boy?" Olympia inquired with an arched brow.

"I've done a lot of things. You'll have to be more specific," Mathilde replied smirking.

The double doors opened, allowing Seth to enter the gym. Olympia's periwinkle eyes met with the icy sapphire depths of her newest adversary.

"At last we meet. I've been expecting you, Seth Da Silva..." 

"Is that a fact?" the brunette replied, giving Mathilde a knowing look before redirecting his attention back to Olympia.

Olympia slowly lowered herself onto the battlefield and faced him from across the arena. "Indeed... and as much as I would love to speak more on the matter, I'm afraid time is of the essence. While coming to challenge me may be the first thing on your agenda, I can tell you've many questions you'd like me to answer," she finished.

"Thanks for the reminder," Seth replied dryly. "I have some questions about a certain vision you had before I got here. But I have a feeling you're not going to answer them so easily," he continued, reaching for a sphere.

"Before you send out your companions, I've a few rules that need explaining," Olympia said quickly, stopping Seth in his tracks.

Walking onto the center of the arena was the judge that was assigned to Olympia's gym. With the OK from Olympia, the judge proceeded to explain the rules.

"The gym battle between the Anistar City Gym Leader: Olympia, and the Challenger: Seth, will now commence. This will be a double battle with each side using four Pokemon each," the judge explained.

A double battle? Seth thought, his eyes widening at the revelation.

"Only the Challenger will be allowed to substitute Pokemon!" the official continued explaining the rest of the rules. "Both sides, send out your first two teammates!"

Olympia's spheres levitated onto the field and burst open to reveal two Meowstic, one male and one female. The two stood patiently while waiting for their opposition to appear. Seth frowned upon seeing the duo. He had expected this gym to be a challenge, but a double battle was something he wasn't entirely prepared for. Having studied up on double battles, he knew that a great deal more strategy went into it than single battles. Each Pokemon needed a teammate that complimented the other and given his lineup, he didn't have very many options in that department.