Chapter Seven

Dancing, something that Seth had only ever done with his sister and one other individual—the latter of which would make his life more miserable if he didn't comply— was something he wasn't entirely fond of, yet at the same time, he couldn't do wit...

Dancing, something that Seth had only ever done with his sister and one other individual—the latter of which would make his life more miserable if he didn't comply— was something he wasn't entirely fond of, yet at the same time, he couldn't do without it. As he watched Allie glide along the ground with the grace of a Gardevoir, his mind slipped back to when he first began learning from his teacher.

 As he watched Allie glide along the ground with the grace of a Gardevoir, his mind slipped back to when he first began learning from his teacher

"Your footwork is rather sloppy," Seth heard as he executed a forward thrust. He raised a brow and turned towards his teacher who was standing behind him with a rather displeased look on her face.

"What do you mean?" Seth replied in an agitated tone, shooting her a confused look. "I'm doing exactly what you said."

Her brows anchored into a frown at his tone. Stalking towards him, her eyes remained locked to his, prompting Seth to prepare to defend himself. It was always a given whenever anyone approached with a sword. With a graceful glide step, she withdrew her blade, quick as a flash in a forward thrusting motion, her strike just inches from his forehead. Seth swallowed hard.

His teacher sheathed her blade and motioned for him to put his own away. Obediantly, Seth sheathed his sword and awaited instruction.

"You've got the technique down, but your movements are far too robotic for the style you are learning. So I'm going to teach you something different that will help you tremendously," she continued, taking off her boots, letting her feet hit the soft grass of the Santalune Forest. "Remove your shoes," she instructed, observing as he complied without question.

"Alright, now what?" Seth asked with a raised brow.

"Come here Seth," his instructor smiled, a smile that assured him that it was safe to approach.

Seth meandered over to his teacher and stood in front of her, his sapphire hues locking with her own icy orbs.

"Alright Seth. For the next few weeks, you and I are going to alternate between fencing, Savate de Rue, and, wait for it-" she continued, reaching for his hands and placing them gently on her shoulder and hip, "dancing," she finished.