Chapter Fifty-Two

Melody had finally woken up to find herself inside a bedroom that she recognized to be from a center. How had she gotten there? The last thing she remembered was exiting the Lumiose Cafe and being stopped by a young man in a red suit. After that, there was nothing else. 

"Looks like you're finally awake," said the familiar voice of Felicity. 

"Felicity? what am I doing here?" she asked, confusion in her voice as she tried to determine what may have happened to cause her to wind up in a center. 

"Seth brought you here last night. You were out cold," she said with a sigh. 

Felicity was sitting in a chair beside Melody's bed. She decided to watch over her that morning until she woke up. Her holocaster was out and she was messaging Seth. Setting the device down on the small dresser beside the bed, she looked back at Melody, worry still lingering in her eyes. She was like a sister to her, and the fact that she could have lost Melody was something she couldn't bring herself to imagine. After hearing what Seth told her last night, she knew she needed to be watchful on her journey. 

"Melody, what's the last thing you remember after getting off the call with Seth?" Felicity asked, hoping she'd remember. 

Melody thought for a moment, doing her best to recall the sequence of events that took place. She recalled that she was writing before calling Seth. She needed to ask him for some advice, and for whatever reason, she'd forgotten. After the call she remembered meeting this guy and—

"Ah! that guy!" Melody exclaimed suddenly. "That guy that I met. He had a Bronzong with him and as soon as I saw it everything went black." 

"A Bronzong? why would seeing a Bronzong make you—oh... Melody, that Bronzong knew Hypnosis. That's why you don't remember anything! that little shit!" Felicity snarled, her Kalosian accent slipping as she loosed a stream of curses. 

"I was... Hypnotized? I feel so violated," Melody shuddered, hugging herself and shaking the thought from her mind. 

"I swear, if I ever see the guy who did it I'll—"

"Beat the shit out of him? you'll have to get in line. Besides, Seth already took care of that part. I just wish I'd been there to take a crack at him myself," Jamie muttered as he closed the door behind him and Seth. 

"Big brother!" Melody exclaimed as she tore the covers off and leaped off the bed towards her older sibling. 

Seth caught her and wrapped his arms tight around her. Tears streaked down her face as she nestled into him. Unintelligible words fell from her lips as she cried into his chest. 

"Hey... it's okay sis," Seth said softly, looking down into her tear-stained face as she looked up at him. 

"He didn't do anything to me after I was out did he?" Melody questioned, her body shaking fearfully at the thought. 

The circle of soul vanquishing fire popped back into his mind. Seth squashed the thought as quickly as it came and shook his head. 

"No... he didn't. And there was no way in hell I'd let him either," Seth replied reassuringly, drying her tears and placing a kiss on her forehead. 

"Thanks big bro. You're the best," she sniffled, hugging him tightly again. 

Seth smiled contentedly and ran his hand through her hair. Looking over at Felicity and Jamie he began to address them. 

"Thanks for helping me when I got back. We're still in agreement that we're not to tell mom what happened?" he asked. 

"Absolutely. That woman has enough to worry about with that job of hers. We'll keep this on the down low," Felicity said affirmatively.