Chapter Six

Furious

Furious. She was furious. How dare he do this to her! That suit, his hair, and his confident demeanor made her blood boil. She was expecting him to turn up dressed down, not garbed in an expensive suit with a rapier attached to his hip. And were those shoes from Boutique Couture as well!? Where did he get the money for that? She gritted her teeth and looked away, attempting to force her thoughts elsewhere.

"Charles?" Allie spoke, garnering the blond's attention. "After the formalities are through, would you care to have the first dance?" She queried.

"I would be delighted, princess," Charles replied with a grin.

Seth stood at the entrance to the garden, an awkard feeling washing over him as he observed the gathering of wealthy, high class individuals

Seth stood at the entrance to the garden, an awkard feeling washing over him as he observed the gathering of wealthy, high class individuals. In the midst of it all, stood a tall man garbed in a white lab coat, a blue button-up shirt and black dress pants. He had raven black hair and was speaking to Allie's parents. As they were engaged in conversation, the queen's eyes shifted over to Seth, a smile spreading over her features as she laid eyes on him.

She motioned for him to join them. Being the polite individual he was, and so as not to disrespect the one person who had earned it thus far, he complied with her unspoken request and meandered over towards her. With a smile, she welcomed him with a traditional kiss on each cheek, causing a slight tint of pink to form on Seth's face.

"Good day to you Seth," the queen began. "I trust your little trip was pleasant?" She inquired.

"It was fairly relaxing. Thank you, by the way," Seth added with a faint smile.

"You're quite welcome, though I have to ask, how did you know that the coach was my doing?" She questioned, chuckling lightly to herself.

Seth raised a brow.

"With all due respect your highness, we both know your daughter would have never sent a royal coach to pick up someone she disapproves of," Seth answered.

"No need to worry Seth. After all, you do speak the truth when it comes to Allie. And the truth is exactly what she needs to hear," the king added.