Chapter Forty-Two

Within the depths of the snow laden Winding Woods, just beyond the outskirts of Snowbelle City, stood a lone knight with a Lucario beside her. A smile tugged at her lips as she focused her attention on a section of shrubbery.

"So, what are the odds that he's still in there?" Mathilde asked her jackal-like companion.

"Well, knowing the boy's father... pretty high. You know how he is. Once he has his mind set on something, he sees it through..."

"Like father like son," Mathilde laughed to herself. "What do you say we venture on in and say hello?"

Seth and company lounged in the Arners living room while Mrs

Seth and company lounged in the Arners living room while Mrs. Arner brought out a batch of pastries that were freshly made. Setting them down, she took a seat and sighed in relief. 

"I hope you all have room for this, I haven't made that much food in a while, and my husband eats like a Tepig," she chuckled. 

"I can't help it if I'm married to the best cook in Kalos," Mr. Arner complimented, causing his wife to blush. 

"So Seth, have you thought about what we discussed earlier?" Mr. Arner inquired, gaining the brunette's attention. 

"That depends on how okay you two are with it. I know he's been part of this family for quite a while," Seth replied. 

Nodding, Mr. Arner cleared his throat. 

"Yes, indeed he has. But as I told you before, he needs somewhere to grow. We're not the battling type, and we've come to the conclusion that he needs that kind of environment to really let loose. He's been a faithful friend, but now that he's grown, he can't really be used for beginners no more," Mr. Arner said with a sigh. 

"I see. So if what you're saying is true..." Seth paused, crossing his arms in thought as he pondered what to do. After a moment or two he said, "alright, if that's the case then I'd be more than willing to take him along. However... I want to catch him fair and square. I know you all just want to give him a good home, but as a trainer, I can't overlook a challenge as tough as him."

"Oh boy, here we go," Serena sighed, bracing herself once more for what was to come. 

"I was hoping you'd say that. How'd you like to settle it now then?" Mr. Arner replied with a grin while standing up. 

"Is that even a question?" Seth replied, excitement coursing through his veins as he stood up.

"And so it begins," Serena laughed nervously.

Moments later, everyone was outside the ranch and standing around the pen while Seth was inside with Gogoat. The Skiddo were all cleared out so that Seth could battle the beast.
The two stared one another down in anticipation of the challenge that was moments away.

"Alright Gogoat, round two," Seth began, reaching down and snatching Litleo from his belt.

"Litleo, engarde!" Seth exclaimed, thrusting Litleo into the fray.