Chapter Ninety-Five

Allie's gaze rested upon the battlefield below as it was being prepared for the final match of the Lumiose Conference

Allie's gaze rested upon the battlefield below as it was being prepared for the final match of the Lumiose Conference. Her dream was only moments away and yet it still seemed so far. Though the setting of the sun signified the coming end of her heart's journey, longer still seemed the wait until there would be a ring upon her finger. She gently stroked Furfrou's head as she anxiously waited for the final match to begin. When the stadium lights brightened and the tunnels below began to light up, she stood up and made her way to the window of her private box, and looked out over the crowd as the announcer made his way to the center of the arena.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it is time for the final round of the Lumiose Conference!"

The crowd roared in excitement as everyone cheered for the two remaining contenders.

"It has been a remarkable day hasn't it folks? We've seen some of the most spectacular battles ever witnessed and I have a feeling the best has yet to come! Our finalists have proven to be incredibly strong trainers and have overcome seemingly impossible odds in order to stand where they are now. Fellow trainers, it is with great pleasure that I introduce to you our conference finalists. Please give a round of applause for Seth and Grayson!"

Hearing his name, Seth pushed off the wall and began to make his way toward the entrance of the tunnel. Every step he took, he took with confidence as he marched toward the field. The roar of the crowd greeted his ears as he found his way to the center of the field where Grayson would meet him.

"So it all comes down to this... you ready?" Grayson asked as he met Seth's gaze.

"As ready as I'll ever be. After all, we've got a lot riding on this don't we?" Seth replied, turning his head in the direction of Allie's section high above the stands.

"You're right, which is why we've gotta put our all into this. I'm sure you're already aware, but this is where she will be watching us the closest."

"After everything we've done here, it'd be an insult to her if we didn't show her our best."

"If I know Allie like I think I do, you're definitely right about that. She's never been one to take too kindly to people holding back, especially during a battle," Grayson said with a grin. "However this match ends up, I won't have any regrets, win or lose."

"Same here," Seth responded, a smirk curving onto his face as he shook Grayson's hand before walking back to his trainer's box.

"The final match of the Lumiose Conference between Seth and Grayson will now begin! Both trainers will be using six Pokémon a side. The match will be over when all Pokémon on either side have been defeated. The winner of this match will be declared this year's conference champion!" the judge declared loudly.

Shouts of encouragement for both trainers could be heard from all over the stadium as both trainers reached down and snatched their first sphere off their waist. At the word of the judge, Seth and Grayson released their Pokémon at the same time, revealing Absol and Avalugg to be their first Pokémon of choice.