Chapter Eighty-Eight

Lumiose City was busier than ever as opening day of the Lumiose Conference had finally arrived

Lumiose City was busier than ever as opening day of the Lumiose Conference had finally arrived. Thousands of fans were flocking the stadium to get good seats for the preliminary rounds that were set to take place in a few short hours. The names of all sixty-four contestants were listed for everyone to see. The excitement seemed to only grow in intensity as fans learned that there would be an additional challenge for the victor of the Lumiose Conference to face. Some speculated that it would be the chance to battle Diantha which, to some, was the opportunity of a lifetime.

While more fans continued pouring into the stadium to secure seats, Seth and his friends were enjoying a massive breakfast at Le Yeah, courtesy of his mother who had gotten up early to prepare everything. She had insisted that everyone come to the restaurant as she wanted to show her support in the best way she knew how. Afterwards, everyone headed up to the stadium to prepare for the opening ceremony.

"You know, I never thought I'd see the day when I'd be up on this board, but here we are," Trevor said while looking up at his name among the list of contenders. "I just hope I don't have to face any of you in the first round."

"Awww, don't worry about it Trevs! I don't think that'll happen. The chances of that are completely random seeing as the pairings aren't decided beforehand. They're computer generated so there's a small chance that any of us will fight each other right off the bat," Tierno explained, hoping to ease his friend's concerns.

"That's a relief because I want us all to go as far as we can before that happens," Serena chimed in, her eyes shifting nervously over toward Seth who was staring up at the list. "You alright over there?"

Diverting his gaze from the list, Seth nodded. "Yeah... I'm okay. I guess I'm still preoccupied with everything that's happened this past month. But now that I'm here, I can finally put all that aside and focus on what really matters," Seth replied while adjusting his suit and tie.

All of the contenders participating in Allie's competition were given the choice to wear a suit, an option that all of them took to without hesitation. In Seth's pocket was a ring he'd bought just a week after the Team Flare incident.

According to the last announcement made by Allie, there's a special condition that needs to be met in order to approach Allie at the end of all this. She didn't tell anyone what it was so I guess I'll just have to battle my way to the finals to find out. Judging by the names on this list, I've got my work cut out for me, Seth thought as his eyes focused on the names of his friends as well as the others involved in Allie's competition.