Chapter Nine

"It's been a while since I've walked through this place," Seth said aloud as he ventured into the Santalune Forest.

The sound of Fletchlings calling out to each other, reached his ears and put a smile on his face. Seth loved the sound of the forest. In spite of the rigorous training sessions he'd been put through there, he always found it a peaceful place. Seth sighed contentedly as he listened to the sounds of the forest. Closing his eyes, he allowed himself to cruise down memory lane.

"Teacher Mathilde?" A little brown-haired lad stated, looking up to a woman clad in light armor with a skirt and a sword on her belt

"Yes Seth? What is it?" She replied, kneeling down to his level so their eyes could meet.

"Oh, it's nothing...I just wanted to know why we're in the forest instead of back in Vanville Town," Seth said shyly, trying his best to maintain eye contact with his instructor.

Mathilde smiled and placed a hand on his head, ruffling his hair a little.

"Because this is one of the few places where you can hear yourself think. There are no noisy distractions. It's also a great place to learn from the nature around us," Mathilde added, running her hand along the trunk of a tree beside her.

 It's also a great place to learn from the nature around us," Mathilde added, running her hand along the trunk of a tree beside her

"Brings back memories doesn't it?" Came a familiar voice from behind Seth, prompting him to whirl around.

He was met with a set of icy blue eyes and a soft smile that was all too familiar to him.

"You've been standing there for a while, haven't you?" Seth stated with a frown.

Mathilde giggled and nodded.

"Yep! I followed you from your house," Mathilde added with a chuckle. "You always were pretty easy to sneak up on, at least for me that is," she added with a soft laugh.

"I had a feeling you were lurking somewhere," Seth replied with a furrowed brow. "So what's up? You've been away for a while," Seth added.

Mathilde sweat-dropped and laughed nervously.