Chapter Eighty-Six

A month went by since the defeat of Team Flare

A month went by since the defeat of Team Flare. During that time, those who were admitted into the Geosenge center were finally able to leave. Multiple media outlets covered the story of Team Flare's demise along with the strange flower-like structure that stood in the center of Geosenge. It took a while for the houses that were destroyed by the appearance of the Ultimate Weapon to be repaired, but thanks to the efforts of the Lumiose Construction Company, Geosenge was back on its feet.

As for the Ultimate Weapon, Mathilde took it upon herself to see to its removal after having been called by Diantha for the task. In a display of power that left those present without words, Mathilde and her Lucario uprooted the Ulitmate Weapon into the air and simultaneously destroyed it with a blast of destructive aura that had enough force to level a city. Everything was being made right again which meant that Kalos could finally begin to heal from the traumatic experience it had gone through.

During this time, Seth took it upon himself to capture an abundance of new team members, bringing his total up to the required amount as stated by the rules of Allie's competition. Seth breathed a sigh of relief as he looked over the list of his latest captures. Satisfied with what he saw, he pocketed his holocaster and looked up at the entrance to Snowbelle City. This was the final hurdle he needed to get over before he could enter the Lumiose Conference.

A smile rested on Seth's face as he thought of the moment he'd shared with Allie just weeks prior. He could still feel the warmth of her touch and the softness of her lips. Everything was still fresh in his mind which fueled his drive to complete his badge hunt. Seth breathed in the cold air and trudged into the winter wonderland that was Snowbelle City. The entire city was laden with snow so thick it was a wonder why anyone would ever choose to live in such a cold place.

Fortunately for Seth, he was able to purchase warmer clothing for his journey to his final gym challenge. When he finally reached the gym, Seth stood amazed at the location chosen for it. It was at the base of a massive, imposing mountain, a fitting representation of what his final challenge would be. With his team ready for action, Seth stepped up to the daunting structure, watching as the double doors automatically opened for him to enter. Stepping inside, it felt as though nothing had changed.

The temperature remained as bone-chilling as it was outside, something he should have anticipated seeing as his final challenge was an Ice-type leader. Standing in the center of the icy arena was a rather burly looking man with a large belly. He had on an open, heavy blue jacket and wore black snow pants with matching boots. He had a fierce looking mustache to go along with his snow white hair. The large man's gray eyes opened as soon as he heard the doors and fell upon Seth, excitement gleaming in his eyes as he saw the confidence with which Seth carried himself.

"It's been a while since I've seen a challenger walk through those doors. Each of them came in here determined to earn my badge and while many succeeded, it took others several times to finally overcome this trial. There's fire in your eyes young man, I can practically feel your heated determination from here! But will it be enough to melt this iceberg?" Wulfric asked him, a grin spreading over his face as he kept his gaze on Seth.