Epilogue

For some people, one month didn't seem all that long to wait, but for Allie, it almost felt like an eternity before she could finally dawn her wedding dress

For some people, one month didn't seem all that long to wait, but for Allie, it almost felt like an eternity before she could finally dawn her wedding dress. The dressing room for the bridesmaids was quite possibly the noisiest place in the palace. All of her bridesmaids were fixing themselves up, all the while chatting excitedly with each other. Meanwhile, in Allie's bedroom, Allie sat in her chair while her mother fussed over her hair and makeup. Allie felt her mother stop for a moment, prompting her to look over her shoulder to see what was the matter.

"Is something wrong mother?" Allie inquired, her eyes widening with concern as she saw that Adelaide was starting to tear up.

"I'm... I'm okay sweetie. I'm just happy that's all," she said with a bright smile, wiping the tears from her eyes so she could continue. "We've dreamed of this day since you were little and to see it actually happening-well... you know what I'm trying to say. Your father and I are very happy for you both."

Allie smiled up at her mother and closed her eyes as Adelaide continued with her hair.

"I know you are mother. The both of you were so excited that you sent word all over the place. Some of my friends from Hoenn, Unova and Sinnoh are here. Honestly I hadn't expected any of that. I thought it was just going to be local. It's a good thing our garden is so big huh?" Allie laughed.

Adelaide grinned and stepped back to look at her finished work. Satisfied with the end result, and the ear to ear grin Allie was giving her after seeing herself in the mirror, the queen stepped away to check in on the bridesmaids as they were getting ready. As she opened the door, she was greeted by the sound of loud, excited laughter.

"Just checking in ladies, we've got about an hour or so until everything begins," Adelaide informed them.

"Thank you for letting us know your majesty," said Mathilde from across the room.

Adelaide smiled upon seeing Seth's instructor all dressed up. Adelaide had attended her wedding, along with Allie and Seth, not long after the Lumiose Conference had ended. Allie had asked her to be a bridesmaid in her wedding not long after. Mathilde had gladly accepted the opportunity which made Allie extremely happy.

"Thank you for accepting my daughter's invitation. I was surprised when she asked you to be a bridesmaid, but then again... I really should have expected that given how persistant she can be. By the way... she isn't aware of it yet but there are a few surprise guests here today who flew in from abroad. I told her that some of her friends came, which is true, but I didn't tell her of the others. I wanted that part to be a surprise," Adelaide said with a wink.

"Guests from abroad you say? You can't mean-you sly Delphox," Mathilde said smirking. "I can't say I'm not excited hearing that. If they're who I think they are then she's going to have a field day."

Adelaide whistled innocently and moved over to the door that seperated her from Allie's dressing room. "Anyway, I've got to get back in there. I can see you're all still finishing up so I'll leave you to it," she finished before sliding back into Allie's room.