Chapter Four

Mrs

Mrs. Rosseau stood in the center of the Kalos Academy gymnasium, simply staring at her watch and tapping her feet impatiently. It was nearly nine o'clock, the time that Seth was supposed to be taking his final exam. The school had turned out to watch his graduation match now that the written portion was completed. He had just handed in the paper! So what was taking him so long?

Five more minutes. And if he doesn't show-

The sound of the push bar caught everyone's attention, directing their eyes to the doors as they were opened. Seth set foot inside the gymnasium, Pawniard clipped to his belt.  Determination shone in the eyes of Seth as he drew near his instructor, stopping in front of her in the center of the gym.

"You were nearly late," Mrs. Rosseau said sternly.

"I apologise Mrs. Rosseau. Pawniard and I were warming up a little before this," Seth replied, indicating to his practice sword on his hip.

"I see. Well then, I hope you're ready Seth. This is going to test everything you've ever learned here at this academy," Mrs. Rosseau stated firmly, slapping her palm with her ruler before turning to walk towards the trainer's box.

"Am I the only one wondering where the week went?" Melody said as she sat in the stands with Jamie and Kate

"Am I the only one wondering where the week went?" Melody said as she sat in the stands with Jamie and Kate. "I mean...just last friday he was getting his suit and now he's taking his final."

"I'm just as clueless as you are Melody. Not that it affects us in any way, considering we still have a few months left of school before we move on," Kate added.

"I'm just hyped for this fight! Mrs. Rosseau said that she was going to push Seth harder than any other student she's ever had. I wonder who she'll use. Whoever she uses will give Seth one hell of a fight," Jamie grinned.

"Mind your words Jamie," a voice from behind said sternly, causing Jamie to sweat-drop.

"Sorry Miss Da Silva," Jamie replied hastily.

"As much as I don't like to admit it, Seth has the makings of a brilliant trainer. Mrs. Rosseau saw this and wanted to water that seedling until it was a full grown sturdy oak," the familiar voice of Felicity stated as she sat down in an empty spot beside Kate.