Chapter Ninety-Three

Jamie took a deep breath as he waited for the the final five minutes of his break to pass

Jamie took a deep breath as he waited for the the final five minutes of his break to pass. Every minute that went by was spent on devising a way to overcome the wall that he would face upon walking out onto that field. Seth, for as long as he'd known him, was like Felicity in the fact that he was incredibly driven, something he'd noticed from the start. The three of them were at the top of their class and always pushed each other to their limits in every battle they'd ever been in during those years they'd spent at the academy. Now, in the quarterfinals, he'd get the chance to really test how far he'd come against who he considered one of his greatest rivals, the other being Felicity.

Seth was always a pillar of strength, not just to him but to his peers. He always found a way to overcome any obstacle that was in his way no matter if he was at a disadvantage or not. He'd seen it in his graduation match and in the gym battles he'd seen Seth take on. Now it was Jamie's turn to show Seth just how much of an inspiration he'd been, and what better way to do that than to give it his all in a battle? As the tunnel lit up to signal the start of the quarterfinals, Jamie stood up from the bench and began to walk to the end of the tunnel to await his introduction. The crowd began to cheer as the announcer took his place on the field and adjusted his mic to address the crowd.

"Welcome back to the Lumiose Conference quarterfinals!"

The crowd roared excitedly to show their enthusiasm.

"We're only a few rounds away from crowning a new conference champion, so why don't we start things off by introducing the first of our quarterfinalists? Seth and Jamie, you may now make your way to the center of the arena!"

All eyes were on the red and green tunnels as Seth and Jamie walked out onto the battlefield. The two stopped and stared each other down, determination burning in their eyes. Jamie was the first to speak.

"We're finally here. It's not exactly how I thought it would turn out though," Jamie admitted.

"How did you think it would happen?" Seth asked, arching a brow.

"I'd always envisioned us meeting in the final round, you know? Duking it out to see who would be champ," Jamie said with a wide grin. "But eh, it is what it is right?"

"Funny you should say that because I'd thought of something similar. I guess this will have to do for now," Seth replied with a chuckle. "Regardless, let's give it our all with no regrets. Know this, I won't be holding back," Seth warned as he reached out to shake his friend's hand.

"Don't worry, I don't plan on going easy on you either. I'll be doing my best to take you down," Jamie replied smirking.

The two walked back to their respective trainer boxes and waited for the judge to enter the field. After a few words from the announcer, the judge began to speak.

"The winner of this match will move on to the semifinal round! Like the preliminary rounds this will be a three on three battle. The match is over when all  Pokémon on either side are unable to battle! Trainers, please send out your first Pokémon!"