Chapter Twenty-Seven

Allie stood on the balcony that overlooked the gardens below. It was the very same balcony that had been part of the incident that haunted her mind from time to time. Why she willed herself to return to such a place after such misfortune was simply beyond her comprehension.

I still don't understand... I was only trying to get a better view...

Allie remembered leaning over the balcony, trusting the balance and surefooted grace she prided herself in, only to find she'd leaned a bit too far. The next thing she knew, was the feeling of falling. Her life, had it not been for a certain someone, would have very well ended right there.

The sudden encounter with Seth was highly unexpected and one she could not stop thinking about. She was not prepared to see who it was who had snatched her away from death's waiting arms. Yet, upon opening her eyes, there he stood, cradling her body to his chest after they impacted the ground. Being fairly average in height, with the deepest sapphire eyes she'd ever seen, and auburn locks she could run her hands through for hours, Seth was indeed very handsome.

She was not above admitting that much--to herself anyway. Like hell she would ever let him know she even considered him to be good-looking. Still, he irritated her in ways she never thought possible. The way he held her that day was how she wished a man would hold her on the day she was married.

Why did it have to be the most embarrassing moment of my life!?

"Deep breaths Allie, deep... breaths," she coached herself, shaking the thought from her mind as she liked out over the gardens.

No use losing my head over it. Next week I'll be preparing to visit Grayson. I cannot afford to be distracted.

Allie pushed herself away from the balcony, back inside her chambers where she would lounge on her bed beside Furfrou, who was relaxing on the edge of the bed.

Still... the news Grayson gave me was very troubling. This... Team Flare, sounds like it could be a problem. I shall have to inform my parents about this matter.

Having resolved to do just that, she rose from her bed and strode out of her room in order to find her parents. She needed to call this important matter to their attention.

After spending time at the beach, Seth and company finally set foot in Cyllage City

"That was so much fun!" Shauna exclaimed, recalling the games the group played on the beach while in the water.

"I agree, we need to do that again. Perhaps tomorrow or something?" Tierno ventured, getting approving looks from his friends.

Seth looked down at his belt and thought for a moment. He had one badge so far, and he really wanted to get to the gym so he could face Grant for his second badge. However, the prospect of relaxing for a while longer was alluring. And after having seen Allie the day before, he really needed to meditate on his thoughts a bit so he could regain his focus. The meeting they had, while to be expected to go the way that it went, was rather odd to him.