Chapter Seventy-Four

The sounds of battle filled the palace grounds as Allie put her Pokemon through their paces. Floette observed quietly while Allie stood, arms crossed, watching her teammates as they practiced new moves they'd recently learned. A stray Hydro Pump slammed into the ground about three feet in front of them, startling Floette into floating quickly behind Allie. The princess giggled and looked over her shoulder at the timid little one.

"I know, it can be a little scary huh? I guess I've grown so used to it that it doesn't bother me like it used to," Allie said, looking upward as Swanna danced through the skies, utilizing Aqua Jet as a booster to avoid the volley of Dragon Pulses being launched at her from Milotic.

Floette watched, almost mesmorized by the elegance of the black-feathered avian. Soaring skyward, Swanna pulled her body into a culbit before bolting toward her target and loosing a flurry of Air Slashes toward the water serpent. Without missing a beat, Milotic's body lit up, a light pink aura surrounding his frame as the attacks connected. Harnessing the power he was given, Milotic reflected the assault straight back at Swanna. No fool, Swanna dipped her body downward and took a nosedive toward the water below.

"Looks like someone's enjoying the show now," Allie chuckled, observing Floette from the corner of her eye as the little flower Pokemon hovered above her right shoulder. "Believe it or not, those two never used to get along or train that well together. But thanks to Furfrou over there," Allie paused, gesturing to Furfrou who dug her paws into the dirt after tanking a punch from Machamp, "they're good friends now."

Floette seemed to smile as Allie went on about her team and how far they've come since she first obtained each of them.

"Honestly, I don't know what I'd do without them. Especially Furfrou, even though she drives me bonkers," Allie said, smirking as she watched Furfrou cannon into Machamp's abdomen with a Zen Headbutt.

It's been a long time since I've been this excited, Allie thought while watching her companions. So far everyone remaining is making great progress. Most of them are nearly finished collecting the badges and it hasn't been that long since the ball.

Allie reached into her bag and pulled out the list of the remaining trainers and looked them over while she oversaw her team's training.

So let's see... there are at least twelve who have seven badges and are on the hunt for the eighth. Thomas just finished up his sixth along with Grayson. Those two are certainly doing well. And then there's Charles who just completed his seventh last week followed by Seth who earned his three days ago . There are a few others on their way to Anistar City, one of which I will be visiting later today.

Allie looked up as Ampharos joined in with Machamp and Furfrou for a free-for-all spar.

Good... I needed Ampharos to train with those two today. As the final days of the competition approach, I'm going to need everyone in top form, especially after seeing the teammates of those who are vying to be called my husband. If they want me... they're going to have to work for it.