Chapter Twenty-Four

Within the deepest parts of the Glittering Cave, several scientists were hard at work, digging up fossils and loading them into carts. Among them were a group of individuals wearing fashionable red suits with a belt bearing an "F" on the buckle, and red sunglasses to match. Standing off to the side was a tall, bald man in a white suit with a red dress shirt underneath. He was standing above a group of tied up scientists and a black haired young man wearing a black long sleeve shirt and a pair of camouflage pants with brown hiking boots.

"Sorry uncle... I couldn't do anything," the young man replied through gritted teeth.

"It's alright Grayson... I'm not upset. They just outnumbered you, that's all. These cowards would rather gang up on one person than fight fairly," the scientist grumbled.

The bald man smirked as he listened to their complaints. "Even if he had managed to hold out, he still wouldn't have bested me. He's far too weak to measure up," sneered the white suited man.

Grayson gritted his teeth and glared. As offensive as that statement may have been, Grayson knew he was right. As it stood, his team had no chance against the firepower this man held. All he could do was watch as the fossils his uncle worked hard to dig up, were stolen from him.

"So pretty!" Shauna exclaimed as she drank in the cave's surrounding walls which were covered in luminous moss

Crystals kitted out of the walls and protruded from the ceiling, giving the location the name Glittering Caves. Trevor immediately took out his camera to begin taking snapshots of the beauty of it all.

"Hearing about how beautiful these caves are is one thing, but seeing them is a completely different matter. Wow..." gasped Serena as she looked up at the sparkling crystals above her head.

"I also heard you could easily get lost in here. We'd better stick together," Trevor proposed.

"Good idea Trevor," Shauna agreed.

"This place is so cool! We could totally hold a dance party in this place!" Tierno declared.

"Tierno, you'd hold a dance party just about anywhere," Trevor laughed.

"Oh yeah! you know it Trev!" Tierno replied gleefully.

The foursome continued to wander through the caves, stopping occasionally whenever anything caught their interest. After a while, the group came to a part of the caves where several mining carts were located, each having a copious supply of fossils inside them. The carts were all arranged beside one another in a neatly arranged fashion.

"Woah! check it out guys!" Tierno exclaimed excitedly, running up to the carts to take a good look at the fossils.

Trevor snapped a quick picture of the carts and then made his way over to join the others.

"I recognize some of these. Let's see... there's a fossil of a Cranidos, oh! and a Shieldon too. And there's some Old Amber! those can bring back an Aerodactyl!" Trevor said with pride as he identified each fossil.