Chapter Forty-Five

The day had gone by rather swiftly for Seth. As he stood before the Coumarine Gym, his team carefully selected for the upcoming match, the conversation he had with Allie replayed in his mind. He had told her that he would do his best to make the day fun tomorrow, and with a little help from a certain fashionable canine, he was able to reserve a table at one of Allie's favorite spots in all of Coumarine. With the rest of the planning and a little advice from his sister as well, he could now focus on the task at hand: overcoming Ramos. 

"You ready?" Serena asked from his left. "It's going to be a tough..."

"I think I'm prepared... the three I've selected for this match should be able to hang in there," Seth said confidently, going through the order of placement in his mind as he looked up at the gym. 

It wasn't a structure like the rest of the gyms of Kalos. In fact, the gym itself was located within what was known as the Pledging Tree. This meant that they would all need to ascend the tree in order to reach the battlefield sitting at the top. 

"You're more than prepared, Seth. If you've selected who I think you have, you will be fine," Allie reassured him, earning a smile from the brunette. 

"Good to know I have your support... I mean it. Thank you," Seth replied as he turned to the rest of the group. "Now, let's go get ourselves another badge!" 

Jacqueline stepped through the doors of Team Flare's hideout in Lumiose City and heaved a sigh

Jacqueline stepped through the doors of Team Flare's hideout in Lumiose City and heaved a sigh. Anxious thoughts raced through her mind as she recalled the previous day's events. With the recent news she'd learned about Seth, it was imperative that she informed her colleagues about it. Someone who was already considered trouble just graduated from an annoyance to a disaster level threat just with the mere mention of the Chevalier's name. Walking through the corridors of the bustling base, she finally made it to her sector where she was due for some training. 

Upon entering, she was greeted by the sight of Charles knocking Derrick in the back of the head with the hilt of his rapier, flooring him. Derrick rubbed his head and slowly pushed himself up and sat down with a grunt. 

"Damn, you always seem to hit that same spot every time!" Derrick grumbled. 

"It's not my fault you always leave yourself open like that. You cause yourself more pain by not thinking at least a step or two ahead of your opponent," Charles replied as he removed his helm, turning as he heard the doors opening. "Ah, there you are Jacqueline. I received your message the other day about having important news for me..." 

Jacqueline adjusted the settings on her gauntlets while she was addressed and then nodded at the mention of her message to him the previous day. 

"Indeed I do. It's about that guy, Seth. You know, the one who handed my ass to me, in the most frustratingly beautiful way possible mind you, and is on the target list? well... strap yourselves in because there's even more reason to be wary of him now..." Jacqueline said with a grin as she prepared to begin her drill with Charles.