Chapter Two

"So, let me get this straight..." Melody stated, scratching her head in confusion. "You actually agreed to participate in the contest?" Melody finished, her eyes widening in disbelief as she finished her statement.

Seth took a deep breath and let out an exasperated sigh.

"Something like that," Seth paused, "but only to help you and mom out. She's never been able to make enough to open the restraunt she's been wanting. And you want to get into the art school, which costs a fortune by the way," Seth added.

"This is true. But that still doesn't explain one thing. What's in it for you? Because in case you've forgotten, the winner of the game is given Princess Allie's hand in marriage," Melody reminded. "Or was that not part of the agreement?"

"Negative. The Queen just wants to help us out since I am sorta the reason why her daughter still breathes at this very moment," Seth stated with a slight frown. "Half of me wishes it had been a rocky landing, but I don't think my body would have appreciated taking a tumble no matter how much it would have satisfied me to mess up her dress."

"Big brother, you're far too noble for that," Melody said with a warm smile. "You know that a lady is still a lady and no matter how...irritating, they deserve to be treated with care. Though I must admit, seeing her reaction after you caught her was good enough for me," Melody grinned.

"Sis... please tell me you didn't," Seth pleaded.

"Didn't what? Oh... you mean this?" Melody inquired, holding up a photograph of Seth cradling Princess Allie right after he'd caught her.

Seth palmed his face and sighed.

"Of course you did," Seth muttered.

"You know, if it weren't for the fact that the two of you clearly can't stand each other, you'd make a pretty cute couple," Melody smiled.

Seth raised a brow and glanced at the photo that was taken. Allie was staring up at Seth, a look of wonder in her eyes, pink tinted cheeks and a slightly gaping mouth. Her arms were about his neck while he carried her bridle style.

"I can't argue with you on that one sis. This picture is pretty amazing," Seth added, his face sliding into a more serious expression. "Just don't go thinking anything is going to come out of that."

Melody rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Come on bro. Even you can't deny that a lot of girls are into you. You're the head of the fencing club, you jump with the grace of a fricken Lopunny and you run like a Jolteon. I swear bro, sometimes you're oblivious to what you can do," Melody stated.

"As true as all of that is, I still doubt little Miss Spoiled will be too thrilled that I'm in the competition. I think what will bring her the most relief is her finding out that I'm simply in it for you guys and nothing more," Seth smirked.

"And there's that noble aspect again. You know, it's almost a shame that you aren't interested in her. Because unless my eyes deceive me, which they usually don't, it looks as though she's a little smitten here," Melody grinned.

"Don't even go there sis," Seth deadpanned.

"Don't be a party pooper. I'm just trying to have a little fun," Melody laughed. "But seriously...if we didn't know her at all, just looking at this picture, people would see a woman in love," Melody smiled. "Oooo! That gives me good idea for my novel!" Melody exclaimed, darting up the stairs into her room.

Seth shook his head and flopped down onto the livingroom sofa, leaning forward to crack open his notes to study for his final exam.