Chapter Sixty-Five

"What is the meaning of this!? I demand to know!" shouted one of the contenders while stepping forward.

The armored invaders remained silent, not bothering to reply as they scanned the area around them.

"Are you deaf or something? I asked you a question now answer me —hey! put me down!" He shrieked as he was lifted up by his collar and then thrown to the side, skidding as he hit the floor.

The offender then proceeded to stalk toward him only to be stopped short as Seth stepped in front of the armored invaders target. The man in the suit sized up his opposition and then launched himself at Seth and throwing a barrage of swift punches at him. Seth began parrying each strike. As the armored man aimed a kick to his head, Seth raised an arm to block the kick and then retaliated by thrusting his weight into a punch that knocked the adversary backwards, sending him skidding into the far wall.

As Seth watched him get up, two more started throwing punches his way. It wasn't just Seth who had his hands full, everyone else was caught up in the fight as they battled the mysterious threat that had crashed the ball. The Chatelaine Sisters even had their hands full as they were teamed up on.

Dammit! what the hell is going on here? Allie thought as she looked down on the chaos below. Who are these guys, and what do they want?

Allie turned swiftly at the sound of footsteps behind her to find two of the armored attackers standing just a few feet away. Allie grimaced as they stepped forward, confident in their ability to overtake her.

And here we go with the capture the princess trope. Sorry, but I don't have any plans to be kidnapped and taken off to some Dragon-type guarded castle!

"Machamp, aux armes!" Allie shouted fiercely.

The two would be enemies stepped back a few paces as their opposition rose to a stand. While their opponent was in fact a Machamp, she was very different in appearance. Her skin was lavender colored and the ridges on her head were pink. She had a more feminine figure and had what appeared to be black one-piece on with a belt similar to that of her male counterparts around her waist. She was much thinner than other Machamp but was by no means less deadly.

Both of her adversaries reached for their own Pokémon and thrust them into the fray. Out came a Medicham and a Scrafty who charged Machamp immediately. Allie's lips curved into a smug grin as her attackers neared. Machamp bent her knees and raised all four of her arms, power coursing through her body as she steadied herself. Medicham slammed a power-driven Focus Punch into her abdomen while Scrafty delivered a High Jump Kick to her face.

Having withstood the blows without so much as budging an inch, Machamp retaliated with all of her terrifying might, the Counter assault smashing Medicham and Scrafty through the palace wall. Machamp then set her sights on the masters of her opposition who were already reaching for their next teammates.

"Still wish to play do we? that's fine with me. I need to let off some steam and you two are going to help me with that. I worked very hard on this ball and now that you've crashed it I'm thoroughly pissed off!"

"Dammit, what's with these guys and why are they so strong!?" Grayson grumbled as his Diggersby fended off the attacking Zangoose.

"Not sure, but they certainly came prepared didn't they?" Serena replied, annoyance etched onto her face as she  and Greninja stared down their foe.

This is insane! Serena thought as she surveyed the battleground that the banquet hall had become.

Those who brought Pokémon were fighting, while those who did not were being guarded by those who did. Meanwhile, Seth, Charles and Jacqueline had taken to either hand to hand combat or fighting with a weapon.