Chapter Eighty-Three

News of Enzo's fate didn't take long to reach the higher ranking members of Team Flare

News of Enzo's fate didn't take long to reach the higher ranking members of Team Flare. Monitoring the invasion from the laboratory were several scientists along with Lysandre. On another screen was Charles, who was on the second to last level of the base watching everything unfold. The blonde narrowed his eyes as he saw Jacqueline's blatant betrayal playing out right before his eyes. He'd taken her under his wing, taught her some discipline and even allowed her to accompany him to the ball and this was how she repayed him?

And then there was Seth. That man was of no threat to him from the start as far as he was concerned, and now he was making sport of agents he'd trained himself. Even with the expansion suits that his cohorts were wearing, somehow Seth was able to outmaneuver them and send them packing. What infuriated him further was that Jacqueline had dawned her expansion suit and was giving them an equally hard time. Couple that with the Pokémon they were using and it made for a frustrating scenario.

Lysandre looked over at the screen that displayed Charles' image and said, "he's approaching your area now. See to it that they do not leave there alive. The hour mark is approaching and soon the energy will be transferred to the Ultimate Weapon. Failure will not be tolerated, am I clear?"

"Of course, Lysandre. They will not make it past this point, of that I can assure you..." Charles said with a smirk.

"For your sake, you had better be right," Lysandre replied firmly, his eyes shifting to the other camera to see that Seth and Jacqueline had made it to the elevator that led to where Charles was located.

On another screen was a countdown that showed that there were fifteen minutes left within the hour before the process would begin. As eager as he was to begin, he was finding the process too enjoyable to rush. Charles was certain to delay them long enough to transfer power to the Ultimate Weapon and with any luck, get rid of them both. Should he fail-and the possibility was certainly there-Lysandre would have to destroy them with his own hands.

To Allie, this was torture. After having watched Serena be set on fire by the cursed flames of a Houndoom, and after seeing Seth send Enzo to meet his maker, she thought things couldn't get any worse. Her competition had turned from a dream into a nightmare within the span of a few hours. Now she would be forced to watch as Charles and Seth were pitted against each other in a match that was certain to end up with one of them being dead. She didn't want this. She didn't want any of this!

She would do anything to make it stop, but she knew that her pleas would fall on deaf ears. Lysandre was going to have his way whether she said anything or not. He'd made it perfectly clear from the beginning. Her attention was once again fixed on the camera as Seth and Jacqueline exited the elevator on the floor where Charles would be waiting.