Chapter Thirty-Six

It was five o-clock and Allie was wide awake, pacing back and forth about the meeting she would be having with Seth in just four short hours. She tried to sleep, but the very thought of having to spend three days with him was unnerving. With a sigh, she flopped onto her back and stared up at the ceiling. With a groan, she sat back up and crossed her arms.

"I was hoping that it would take longer to get to him. What was I thinking putting him so high on the list!?" she grumbled, causing Furfrou to open one eye and glance up at her fretting owner.

"I mean, did I honestly think that it would take longer? just the thorught of this meeting is making me anxious..."

You're welcome, princess...

The very manner in which he had said those words caused her face to burn. Not only that, but she could have sworn that for just a moment, he smiled. Furfrou could almost see the steam coming out of her ears as the heat rose to her cheeks. Why did he make her feel this way? so irritated and yet so embarrassed at the same time? None of it made any sense.

"Do you think it's all in my head Furfrou?"

The canine yawned and stretched before hopping onto the bed. She watched as her trainer paced to and fro before stopping in front of the bed to face her. Looking over at the clock, she sighed.

"I suppose I ought to finish preparing. It will take a while to reach Shalour City so I suppose I ought to fly this time. It's been a while since I've taken any of my team out for a spin so this should be fun. Would you like to come along, Furfrou?" Allie inquired.

Upon hearing her inquiry, the canine immediately began yipping and wagging her tail. An excursion, was she kidding? of course she'd want to go!

"I'll take that as a yes," Allie grinned, preparing her companion's luxury ball. "I'll fix myself up and see what clothes I can prepare for the journey. I'll definitely be needing some essential oils for this trip. I have a feeling I'll be stressed... a lot..."

Furfrou tilted her head in a manner that seemed to suggest that she didn't believe her.

"Don't look at me like that. You know as well as I do that this isn't something I'm looking forward to," Allie said sternly. "Now, would you be a dear and go see if Swanna is awake? she usually is tending to her Ducklett by now. For some reason she gets up earlier than I do."

Furfrou silently hopped off the bed and pranced out of the room upon her trainer's command. Meanwhile, Allie began to get ready for her three day journey with Seth.

Furfrou sauntered out of the palace through her customized pet door and darted into the garden in search of Swanna. Having been sent to find her numerous times, Furfrou knew exactly where to find her, even without sniffing her out. Sure enough, as she trotted along the walkways of the garden, she came upon the fountain where Swanna was bathing her Ducklett. Five little Ducklett were seen around their mother, swimming and splashing one another in a playful manner.

Swanna heard the sound of a loud bark, and turned to see Furfrou. The dignified pooch meandered up to the fountain and began conversing with Swanna, giving her a message from Allie. Nodding, Swanna told Furfrou that she'd be done with her little ones and ready to fly Allie to her destination. Taking off one of her tail feathers, she extended her neck to Furfrou who took the feather by the end into her mouth. With the reply in her teeth, Furfrou hurried back to her trainer.

Several minutes later, Furfrou was in the palace and climbing the stairs to Allie's room. Once inside, she looked around for Allie. Sniffing the air, she deduced that she was in her walk in closet, and pranced inside. She found Allie tying up her hair back, leaving a few bangs to hang down in curls over the sides of her face. Spotting Furfrou in the closet mirror, she turned and knelt down to take the feather from her companion.