Home Pt. 1

Shelby

Dean is on the computer and I'm walking out of the bathroom, just finishing getting ready. Sam is is sitting on the bed, drawing something. “All right. I’ve been cruisin’ some websites. I think I found a few candidates for our next gig. A fishing trawler found off the coast of Cali, its crew vanished. And, uh, we got some cattle mutilations in West Texas” Dean says and notices Sam not paying attention. Dean looks at me before looking at Sam “hey” Dean calls.

Sam looks up from his drawing “am I boring you with this hunting evil stuff” Dean asks? “No, I’m listening, keep going” Sam says “and, here, a Sacramento man shot himself in the head. Three times” Dean says and waves his hand in front of Sam's face. “Any of these things blowin’ up your skirt, pal” Dean asks? Sam looks his picture “wait. I’ve seen this” Sam says “seen what” I ask and Sam gets up from the bed and goes searching through his duffel bag. “What are you doing” I ask?

Sam finds a photo and compares his drawing of a tree to the photo “I know where we have to go next” Sam says looking at us. “Where” Dean asks “back home, back to Kansas” Sam says and my eyes go big. “Okay, random. Where’d that come from” Dean asks and Sam shows us the photo of mom, dad, little Dean, baby Sam, and another baby. “All right, um, this photo was taken in front of our old house, right? The house where Mom died” Sam asks as Dean and I look at the picture. “Yeah” Dean says “is this a baby picture of me” I asked but no one answered me.

“And it didn’t burn down, right, I mean, not completely, they rebuilt it, right” Sam asked? “I guess so, yeah. What the hell are you talkin’ about” Dean asked confused “okay, look, this is gonna sound crazy but the people who live in our old house, I think they might be in danger” Sam said. “Why would you think that” I asked “uh, it’s just, look, just trust me on this, okay” Sam says and walks away. “Is this me” I asked Dean, pointing to the baby “yeah, that was taken the day mom brought you home” Dean said while getting up and following Sam and me following Dean.

“Wait, whoa, whoa, trust you” Dean asks as Sam starts to pack “yeah” Sam said. “Come on, man, that’s weak. You gotta give me a little bit more than that” Dean said “I can’t really explain it is all” Sam said. “Well, tough, I’m not goin’ anywhere until you do” Dean says and I nod, agreeing with Dean. Sam sighs “I have these nightmares” Sam says and Dean nods “I’ve noticed”. “And sometimes, they come true” Sam says like he's exspecting us to yell at him. Dean and I looked at him stunned “come again” I asked?

“I dreamt about Jessica’s death for days before it happened” Sam said. “Sam, people have weird dreams, man. I mean, look at Shelby” Dean says and sits on the other bed. “She's been having nightmares almost every night; I’m sure it’s just a coincidence”. “No, I dreamt about the blood dripping, her on the ceiling, the fire, everything, and I didn’t do anything about it ‘cause I didn’t believe it. And now I’m dreaming about that tree, about our house, and about some woman inside screaming for help. I mean, that’s where it all started, man, this has to mean something, right” Sam asks?

Dean looks overwhelmed as I just sit next to Dean, shocked and confused. “I don’t know” Dean says confused as Sam sits across from us “what do you mean you don’t know, Dean? This woman might be in danger. I mean, this might even be the thing that killed Mom and Jessica” Sam says, raising his voice while he yelled. “All right, just slow down, would ya” Dean says and stands up and begins pacing. “I mean, first you tell me that you’ve got the Shining? And then you tell me that I’ve gotta go back home? Especially when” Dean starts and looks sad “when what” Sam asked?

“When I swore to myself that I would never go back there” Dean says looking like he wants to cry. “Look, Dean, we have to check this out” Sam says softly and looks at me “just to make sure” he says. Dean sighs and looks at Sam “I know we do” he said and looks at me. We packed our things before getting in the car again and driving off. I had never seen my house before, not even in pictures.