Route 666 Pt. 2

Shelby

The next morning we got a call saying there was another accident on the road so Sam and I headed out there, calling Dean who had “spent the night” at Cassie's. Dean approached Sam and I who are talking to a cop as it snows. Sam puts his ID away and looks at Dean “he's with us”. The cop leaves and Sam and I turn to Dean “so, where were you last night? You didn't make it back to the hotel” I asked “well” Dean started but stopped, not knowing what to say. “I'm guessing you guys worked things out” Sam asked?

“We'll be working things out when we're ninety. So what happened” Dean said and I scrunched my face up “I did not need the image in my head” I said as we stated to walk. “Every bone crushed, Internal organ's turned to pudding. The cops are all stumped, it's like something ran him over” Sam said “something like a truck” Dean asked “yep” I said stuffing my hands in my pocket. “Tracks” Dean asked “none” I said “what was the Mayor doing here anyway” Dean asked and we stopped. “He owned the property; bought it a few weeks ago” “but he's white, he doesn't fit the pattern” Dean said. “Killings didn't happen up on the road. That doesn't fit either” I said.

Sam and I headed over to an abandoned building and after doing out own research while Dean did some with Cassie we called him. “Yeah” Dean said as Sam put him on speaker “ok, the courthouse records show that Mr and Mrs Mayor bought an abandoned property. The previous owner was the Dorian family for, like, 150 years” I said “Dorian” Dean asked “yeah” Sam said and Dean asked Cassie something. “That's interesting” Dean said “what” I asked?

“This Cyrus Dorian. He vanished in April of '63.The case was investigated but never solved. It was right around the time the string of murders was going on back then” Dean was reading from, what I'm guessing a computer. “Well Shelby and I pulled a bunch of papers up on the Dorian place, it musta been in bad shape when the Mayor bought” Sam said. “Why's that” “the first thing he did was bulldoze the place” I said. “You got a date” Dean asked us as Sam checks a paper “ahhh, the 3rd of last month” Sam says. “Mayor Todd bulldozed the Dorian family home on the 3rd. The first killing was the very next day” Dean said.

Dean, Sam, and I headed back to the hotel as it started to get late but we weren't there for long because Cassie called us saying that the truck was out front of her house and was threatening to drive threw it. We headed to Cassie's house to see Cassie and her mom sitting on the couch. “You didn't see who was driving the truck” I asked “it seemed to be no one. Everything was moving so fast and then it was just gone. Why didn't it kill us” Cassie asked still shaken up.

“Whoever was controlling the truck wants you afraid first” Dean said. “Mrs Robinson, Cassie said that your husband saw the truck before he died” Sam asks her. Mrs. Robinson was shaking a little “mom” Cassie asks? “Martin was under a lot of stress, you can't be sure about what he was seeing” she says. “Well after tonight I think we can be reasonably sure he was seeing a truck. What happened tonight, you and Cassie are marked. Ok? Your daughter could die. So if you know something now would be a really good time to tell us about it” Dean says “Dean” I started “yes” Mrs. Robinson said “yes, he said he saw a truck”.

“Did he know who it belonged to” Sam said “he thought he did” Mrs. Robinson said. “Who was that” I asked “Cyrus, a man named Cyrus” she says and Dean reaches for his bag and shows Mrs. Robinson the newspaper article about Dorian's death. “Is this Cyrus” “Cyrus Dorian died more than 40 years ago” She said. “How do you know he died, Mrs Robinson? The paper's said he went missing. How do you know he died” Dean asked softly.