Faith Pt. 2

Shelby

Dean, Sam and I are in the hospital in the check up room, Dean sitting on the bed while I'm leaning on the wall. “So, you really feel okay” Sam asks and Dean looks unhappy “I feel fine, Sam”. Suddenly the doctor enters reading paperwork “well, according to all your tests there's nothing wrong with your heart. No sign there ever was. Not that a man your age should be having heart trouble, but, still it's strange it does happen”. “What do you mean, strange” I asked “well, just yesterday, a young guy like you, twenty-seven, athletic. Out of nowhere, heart attack” the doctor says.

“Thanks, Doc” Dean says “no problem” the doctor says and leaves. “That's odd” Dean says and looks at Sam. “Maybe it's a coincidence, people's hearts give out all the time, man” Sam said. “No, they don't” I said and Sam glares at me “look, Dean, do we really have to look this one in the mouth? Why can't we just be thankful that the guy saved your life and move on” Sam asked? “Because I can't shake this feeling, that's why” Dean says and stands. “What feeling” Sam asks as Dean puts his jacket on. “When I was healed, I just, I felt wrong. I felt cold. And for a second, I saw someone. This, uh, this old man. And I'm telling you, it was a spirit” Dean said looking at Sam and I.

“But if there was something there, Dean, I think I would've seen it, too. I mean, I've been seeing an awful lot of things lately” Sam said. “Well, excuse me, psychic wonder. But you're just gonna need a little faith on this one. Sam, I've been hunting long enough to trust a feeling like this” Dean said mad. Sam sighs “yeah, alright, so, what do you wanna do” Sam asks “I want you to go check out the heart attack guy. I'm gonna visit the reverend” Dean starts. “Wait for me” I tell Dean “I'm just going to get something for this pain” I said and walk out of the room.

I walked out in the hallway and looked around to see a nurse walking by “excuses me” I said and the nurse stopped and turned to me “yes” she said in a nice voice. “Um, I, sorta, ripped my stitches, can you just patch me back up” I asked and smiled. “Yeah, of course, right this way” “thank you” I said and followed her into one of the rooms. I sat down on the bed and took of my jacket and lifted up my shirt. “Wow, this is bleeding a lot” “I just need you to patch me up, I'll be fine” I said and she nodded and started to stitch me back up.

I looked at the door to see Dean looking into different rooms before looking in the room I was in. “What happened” Dean asked throwing his hands out to his side and walking into the room. “Nothing, I'm fine” I said and the girl finished up “okay, just be careful” she said and I nodded and said thank you. “Maybe you should stay here with Sam” Dean said and I sighed “Dean” “I mean it, I'll go get him” Dean said and walked off. I sighed but put back on my jacket before walking out to the hallway.

Sam and I met with one of the employees at the swimming locker. “I'm telling you, he seemed healthy. Swam every day, didn't smoke. So, a heart attack just kind of seemed, well, bizarre” the man said. “And you said he was running, right before he collapsed” I asked? “Yeah, yeah, he was freaking out. He said that something was, uh, was after him” the employee said “did he say what” Sam asked? “Well, thin air is what, I mean, it wasn't anything” the man said.

“Alright, thanks” Sam said “thank you” I said and Sam and I where about to leave when Sam notices the clock on the wall isn't working. “Hey, buddy, your, uh, your clock's busted” Sam said “oh, yeah, we, uh, can't get it working. Just froze at 4:17” the man said “let me guess, it's the same time Marshall died” I asked? The man looked at me surprised “how'd you know” “lucky guess” I said with a shrug. Sam and I headed back to the hotel and Sam gets on his laptop while I'm finishing up a hotdog I got in the way back.

Dean walks in and throws his keys on the bed and takes off his jacket. “What'd you two find out” Dean asked “I'm sorry” Sam says quietly. Dean throws his jacket on the bed and walks over “sorry about what” Dean asks? “Marshall Hall died at 4:17” I said and Dean looks stunned “the exact time I was healed”. “Yeah, so I put together a list of everyone Roy's healed, six people over the past year, and I cross-checked them with the local obits. Every time someone was healed, someone else died. And each time, the victim died of the same symptom LeGrange was healing at the time” Sam said.