Hell House Pt. 3

ShelbyDean pounds on Ed and Harry's trailer at the trailer park until we hear Harry's voice saying "who is it"? "Come on out here guys, we hear you in there" Dean says "it's them" Ed says and they poke their heads out the door "ah, would you look at that! Action figures in their original packaging, what a shock. "Guys, we need to talk" Sam said "yeah, um sorry guys, we're a little busy right now" Ed says. "Ok well we'll make it quick. We need you to shut down your website" I said and Ed laughs "man, you know, these guys got us busted last night, spent the night in a holding cell".

"I had to pee in that cell urinal, in front of people and I get stage fright" Harry said and pointed to us. "Why should we trust you guys" Ed asks "look guys. We all know what we saw last night, what's in the house. But now thanks to your website there are thousands of people hearing about Mordechai" I said "that's right. Which means people are gonna keep showing up at the Hell House, running into him in person, somebody could get hurt" Dean said.

"We have an obligation to our fans, to the truth" Ed says and I take a step towards him "well I have an obligation to kick both your little asses right now" I started and Sam grabs my arm and pulls me back "Shelby, Shelby, okay, these guys probably bitch slap them both, I could probably even tell them that thing about Mordechai, but they're still not gonna help us. Let's just go" Sam says "whoa, whoa" Ed and Harry say at the same time.

They trail behind us, asking us to stop "what thing about Mordechai you guys" Harry asked? "Don't tell 'em Sam" Dean says "but if they agree to shut the website down Dean" Sam starts. "They're not going to do it, you said so yourself" I said "no wait, wait, don't listen to her ok? We'll do it, we'll do it" Ed said "it's a secret Sam" I told him and Sam turns to Ed and Harry "look, it is a really big deal all right. And it wasn't easy to dig up. So only if we have your word that you'll shut everything down" Sam said."Totally" Ed says and smiled "all right" Sam says and Dean hands them some paperwork. "It's a death certificate. From the '30s. We got it at the library. Now according to the coroner, the actual cause of death was a self-inflicted gunshot wound" Sam said "that's right he didn't hang or cut himself" Dean added.

"He shot himself" Ed asked "yep, with a .45 pistol, to this day they say he's terrified of them" I said."Matter of fact they say if you shoot him with a .45, loaded with these special wrought-iron rounds, it'll kill the sonuvabitch" Dean said. Ed and Harry snigger gleefully. Harry spins and bolts back toward the trailer, Ed follows more slowly. I look at Dean and Sam and smile as we get in the car and drive to the diner to get something to eat.

We're sitting at a booth and Sam is looking at his laptop.Dean reaches up to the 3D artwork of a fisherman holding a big fish and pulls the cord for the 50's time. The fisherman's mouth moves up and down and an extremely annoying laugh plays. Sam pulls the cord to stop it "if you pull that string one more time I'm gonna kill you" Sam says irritated. Dean stairs at Sam with no expiration while pulling the cord again.

Sam immediately stops it, glaring at Dean while I smile and take a bite of my burger.Dean snickers and says "come on man, you need more laughter in your life. You know you're way too tense". Sam just gives Dean another dirty look, making Dean sigh before saying "they post yet"? Sam moves the laptop around so Dean and I can see it and stabs at his salad angrily. I read the screen on the laptop "we've learned from reputable sources that Mordechai Murdock has a fatal fear of firearms, all right. How long do we wait" I asked?

"Long enough for the new story to spread, and the legend to change. I figure by nightfall iron rounds will work on the sucker" Sam says and holds his beer out to Dean and I who lift our own and tap them together before taking a sip. Dean takes a long drink and Sam and start grinning. Dean goes to put the bottle down but it is stuck to his hand. Sam and I start laughing and Sean stares at it confused before looking at Sam. "