Skin Pt. 1

Shelby

Sam, Dean, and I pull into a gas station “alright, I figure we’d hit Tucumcari by lunch, then head south, hit Bisbee by midnight” Dean said and Sam doesn't respond “Sam wears women’s underwear”. “I’ve been listening, I’m just busy” Sam says and I pop my head next to him to see what he's doing. “Busy doing what” I ask “reading emails” Sam says as Dean get out of the car and starts to fill the tank with gas. “E-mails from who” Dean asks threw the open window.

“From my friends at Stanford” Sam said to Dean “you’re kidding, you still keep in touch with your college buddies”. “Why not” Sam asks “well, what exactly do you tell ‘em, you know, about where you’ve been, what you’ve been doin’” Dean asks leaning on the car next to Sam's window. “I tell ‘em I’m on a road trip with my big brother and little sister who haven't seen in forever. I tell ‘em I needed some time off after Jess” Sam says. “Oh, so you lie to them” Dean says “no, I just don’t tell them, everything” Sam says.

“That’s called lying” I said to Sam and got out of the car “I mean, hey, man, I get it, telling the truth is far worse” Dean said. “So, what am I supposed to do, just cut everybody out of my life” Sam asks. Dean shrugs “you’re serious” Sam asks. “When isn't he” I said to Sam and walking over to Dean. “I'm going to get something to eat” I said and headed towards the gas station. I walked in, looking around and grabbing a bag of chips and a drink.

I walk up to the desk and wait in line “that will be 3.59” I heard someone say and look to see my ex boyfriend Trevor. I froze as I was next in line and he looked up, seeing me and looked at me shocked. “Shelby” Trevor asked as I slowly put the stuff on the counter. “I thought you died” Trevor said still looking at me “this is all” I said pointing to the stuff. He shook his head and started to ring the stuff up “and I thought you were never going to talk to me” is aid pulling out some money.

Trevor stopped for a second before finishing up “3.70” Trevor said and I gave him a five. Trevor gave me the change and grabbed my hand, looking at me “who are they” Trevor asked looking at Dean and Sam. “My brothers, they'll also kick you're ass if you ever touch me again” I said and pulled my hand away. I quickly walked outside and threw the stuff in the car, walking over to Dean.

“Please tell me we can go” I whispered to Dean but loud enough for Sam to here. “Why” Dean asked me worried “can we just go” I said a little nervous. Dean looked at me worried “God” Sam said reading his email “what” Dean said looking threw the open window at Sam. “In this e-mail from this girl, Rebecca Warren, one of those friends of mine”. “Is she hot” Dean asked and Sam ignores him “I went to school with her, and her brother, Zack. She says Zack’s been charged with murder. He’s been arrested for killing his girlfriend. Rebecca says he didn’t do it, but it sounds like the cops have a pretty good case” Sam said.

“Dude, what kind of people are you hanging out with” I asked him “no, I know Zack. He’s no killer” Sam said “well, maybe you know Zack as well as he knows you” Dean says. “They’re in St. Louis, we’re going” Sam says making Dean chuckle “great, lets go” I said wanting to get out of here. As always, Dean ignores me “look, sorry about your buddy, okay? But this does not sound like our kind of problem” Dean said to Sam.

“It is our problem, they’re my friends” Sam said “St. Louis is four hundred miles behind us, Sam” Dean said. Dean and Sam exchange a look and Dean sighs “alright” Dean said and I quickly get in the car, slamming the door shut as we pull out of the gas station and start driving. I turn around and looked behind me at the gas station. Dean looks at me threw his review mirror. “You okay” Dean asks me and I sighed, there was no point on trying to hide from Dean.