Bloody Mary Pt. 3

Shelby

Sam, Dean, and I were in the car as we drove down the road, Sam was the on the phone talking to someone and hangs up. “So that was Mary's brother, the mirror was in the family for years, until he sold it one week ago to a store called Estate Antiques” “just our luck” I said “but listen to this “its at a store in Toledo” Sam said “so wherever the mirror goes, that's where Mary goes” Dean asked? “Her spirit's definitely tied up with it somehow”.

“Isn't there an old superstition that says mirrors can capture spirits” I asked “yeah there Dean said. “Yeah but how could she move through like a hundred different mirrors” Sam asked? “I don't know, but if the mirror is the source, I say we find it and smash it” Dean said. “Yeah, I don't know, maybe” Sam says and his phone rings “hello, Charlie” Sam says making Dean and I look at him confused.

We headed to where they were staying at and Charlie sat on the bed with her head on her knees. I sat next to her put a hand on her back to comfort her while Sam and Dean have all of the curtains drawn shut, and are throwing sheets over the mirrors, or facing them to the wall or floor. Sam comes over to Charlie and sits next to her “hey it's okay, you can open up your eyes Charlie” Sam said and Charlie slowly looks up.

“Now listen, you're gonna stay right here on this bed, and you're not gonna look at glass, or anything else that has a reflection, okay? And as long as you do that, she cannot get you” Sam said. “But I can't keep that up forever, I'm gonna die, aren't I” Charlie asked looking at me “no, not anytime soon” I said with a comforting smile. Dean sits next to me and looks at Charlie “all right Charlie. We need to know what happened” “we were in the bathroom and Donna said it” Charlie said.

“That's not what we're talking about, something happened, didn't it? In your life, a secret, where someone got hurt. Can you tell us about it” Dean asked her “I had this boyfriend, I loved him. But he kind of scared me too, you know? And one night, at his house, we got in this fight. Then I broke up with him, and he got upset, and he said he needed me and he loved me, and he said "Charlie, if you walk out that door right now, I'm gonna kill myself." And you know what I said? I said "go ahead" and I left. How could I say that? How could I leave him like that? I just, I didn't believe him, you know? I should have” Charlie says and puts her face back on her knees and starts crying again.

I look at Sam who looks at Dean and I.

Dean

Sam, Shelby, and I were driving in the rain “you know her boyfriend killing himself, that's not really Charlies fault” I said. “You know as well as I do spirits don't exactly see shades of gray, Dean. Charlie had a secret, someone died, that's good enough for Mary” Sam said and I sighed. “I guess” “you know, I've been thinking. It might not be enough to just smash that mirror.” Sam said and I looked at him “why, what do you mean” “well Mary's hard to pin down, right? I mean she moves around from mirror to mirror so who's to say that she's not just gonna keep hiding in them forever? So maybe we should try to pin her down, you know, summon her to her mirror and then smash it” Sam said.

“Well how do you know that's going to work” I asked him “I don't, not for sure” Sam said. “Well who's gonna summon her” Dean asked “I will, she'll come after me” Shelby finally spoke from the back seat. “You know what, that's it” I said mad and pull over the car. I looked back at her as she moved up “you just want to get yourself killed don't you” I asked her mad. “No I'm not” Shelby said getting mad too “listen to me, you are not going to do this, we have lost you to many times and we are not doing it again” I said still mad.