Hook Man Pt. 3

Shelby

Dean and I have been digging at the unmarked grave for a while. “That’s it, next time, I get to watch the cute girl’s house while you and Sam handle this” Dean says. He breaks through the wooden floor of the grave and sees Jacob Karns’ remains. “Hello, preacher” he says and gets out, throwing his shovel aside as I get out and grab the stuff. Dean pours salt and lighter fluid on the preacher’s bones while I light a match. “Goodbye, preacher” I say and throw the match into the grave and watch the bones burn into flames.

Dean's phone goes off and he answers it “what” he says into the phone before sighing and hanging up. “What happen” I asked “it didn't work, come on” Dean says and we get in the car before driving off to the hospital. After walking threw the hospital we finally spot Sammy and head towards him but two guards stop us. “No, it’s alright, we're with him. He’s our brother” Dean says, pointing between me and him. Sam looks over at us “hey, brother” Dean yells to him. Dean smiles and waves as I just stand there and roll my eyes at him.

“Let him through” the sheriff says and the other two sheriffs let us pass. “Thanks” I say with a nod and we start to walk, meeting Sam half way. “Thanks” Dean says to Sam “you okay” I asked? “Yeah” Sam says with a sigh of relief “what the hell happened” Dean asked. “Hook Man” Sam sad “you saw him” I asked, not believing it. “Damn right, why didn’t you torch the bones” Sam asked us. “What are you talking about, I did” Dean says looking at Sam and I elbow him a little. “We did” Dean corrects himself, still looking at Sam. “You sure it’s the spirit of Jacob Karns” I asked?

“It sure as hell looked like him and that’s not all. I don’t think the spirit is latching on to the reverend” Sam says. “Well, yeah, the guy wouldn’t send the Hook Man after himself” Dean says. “I think it’s latching onto Lori, last night she found out her father is having an affair with a married woman” Sam said. “so what” Dean asks “so she’s upset about it. She’s upset about the immorality of it. She told me she was raised to believe that if you do something wrong, you get punished” Sam said.

“Okay, so she’s conflicted and the spirit of Preacher Karns is latching on to repress the emotions and maybe he’s doing the punishing for her, huh” Dean asks? “Makes scene” I said “right, Rich comes on too strong, Taylor tries to make her into a party girl, Dad has an affair” Sam says going threw all the people that died. “Remind me not to piss this girl off” Dean says more to himself. “But we burned those bones, we buried them in salt, why didn’t that stop him” I asked? “You must have missed something” Sam said “Sam, we've burned more corpses then anything else” I said.

“Well, did you get the hook” Sam asks us “the hook” Dean asked “well, it was the murder weapon, and in a way, it was part of him” Sam said. “So, like the bones, the hook is a source of his power” Dean said, figuring it out. “So if we find the hook” I said “we stop the Hook Man” we all say. Sam and Dean smile at each other “I've been with you two for two long” I said to them and walked away from them.

We headed to the library and we're looking through more papers “here’s something, I think. Log book, Iowa State Penitentiary. Karns, Jacob. Personal affects: disposition thereof” Dean said. “Does it mention the hook” I asked “yeah maybe” Dean starts to read. “Upon execution, all earthly items shall be remanded to the prisoner’s house of worship, St. Barnabas Church” “isn’t that where Lori’s father preaches” Sam asked? “Yeah” I said “where Lori lives” Sam asks? “Maybe that’s why the Hook Man has been haunting reverends and reverends’ daughters for the past 200 years” Dean said. “Yeah, but if the hook were at the church or Lori’s house, don’t you think someone might’ve seen it? I mean, a bloodstained, silver-handled hook” I said. “Check the church records” Dean said.