Shadow Pt. 2

Shelby

Dean sits in front of me on the computer while I went to grab two beers from the fridge for us. I came back and gave Dean his. "Anything" I asked "yeah, I may have something on that symbol but nothing on Meg" Dean said and picks up his cell phone and dials a number. "Let me guess, you're lurkin' outside that poor girl's apartment, aren't you" Dean said talking to Sam and I nod for him to put it on speaker and he does.

"No" Sam says and there's a pause "yes" he said "you've got a funny way of showin' your affection" I said. "Did you find anything on her or what" Sam asked "sorry, man, she checks out. There is a Meg Masters in the Andover phonebook. I even pulled up her high school photo. Now, look, why don't you go knock on her door and, uh, invite her to a poetry reading, or whatever it is you do, huh" Dean said.

"What about the symbol, any luck" Sam asks ignoring the comment. "Yeah, that I did have some luck with. It turns out it's Zoroastrian. Very, very old school, like two thousand years before Christ. It's a sigil for a Daeva" Dean said "what's a Daeva" Sam asks "it translates to "demon of darkness". Zoroastrian demons, and they're savage, animalistic, you know, nasty attitudes kind of like demonic pit bulls" Dean says. "How'd you figure that out" "give me some credit, man. You don't have a corner on paper chasin' around here" Dean said.

I looked at Dean like he was crazy "oh, yeah? Name the last book you read" I asked and Dean sighs "no, I called Dad's friend, Caleb. He told me, all right" "yeah" Sam said "anyway, here's the thing, these Daevas, they have to be summoned, conjured" Dean said. "So, someone's controlling it" I asked "yeah, that's what I'm sayin'. And, from what I gather, it's pretty risky business, too. These suckers tend to bite the hand that feeds them. And, uh, the arms, and torsos" Dean said and I stand up "I just lost my appetite" I said.

"So, what do they look like" Sam asked "well, nobody knows, but nobody's seen 'em for a couple of millennia. I mean, summoning a demon that ancient? Someone really knows their stuff. I think we've got a major player in town. Now, why don't you go give that girl a private strip-o-gram" Dean said and I roll my eyes before walking towards the bed and laying down "bite me" Sam said. "No, bite her, don't leave teeth marks, though" Dean starts but can't finish cause Sam hangs up.

"Your disgusting you know that" I said to Dean "yes, and handsome" Dean said looking at me with a straight face before smiling. I shake my head and slip my shoes off "I'm taking a nap, wake me when Sam gets here or" my mind trailed off. "Or if you have a nightmare, I know" Dean said and nodded. I smiled slightly "thanks" I said and laid on the bed, closing my eyes and letting sleep take over me.

It wasn't shortly asfter I had fallen asleep did I start to have a nightmare. The worst feelings when I have nightmares is it feels like I'm watching a home video and I can't wake myself up. Sometimes I can but sometimes I can't and Dean or Sam has to wake me up and then I can. Lately I haven't had to many nightmares ir if I do their short and I can wake myself up. But tonight it was just like the past, I couldn't wake up.

No matter how much I screamed and yelled and fought I couldn't wake myself up.

Dean

I ended up going into the kitchen and grabbing some left overs which was just half a burger that would barley fill me up but it was something. I leaned on the counter and bit into my sandwich, smiling at the taste before hearing a noise and set my sandwich down and walking back into the main room to see Shelby was tossing and turning in her sleep again.