Bloody Mary Pt. 1

Dean

“Sam, wake up” I say as we sit in the Impala and Sam wakes up, confused. He sits up and looks around “I take it I was having a nightmare” Sam asks. “Yeah, but this time you weren't the only one” Dean says and I turn around to look at Shelby who's sitting in the backseat, silent. “You okay” Sam asks her and she nods “yeah, fine” Shelby says and Sam sits back in his seat. “Hey, at least I got some sleep” Sam says “you know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this” I say.

Sam looks around “are we here” “yup, welcome to Toledo, Ohio” I say as Sam picks up a newspaper with Steven Shoemaker's obituary circled. “So what do you think really happened to this guy” Sam asks me “that's what we're gonna find out” I say “let's go” Shelby says and we get out of the car and head up to the building. We headed into room 144 that read Morgue. There's two desks, the empty one has a nameplate that says Dr. Feiklowicz and the other one has a guy sitting at it.

“Hey” the morgue tech said “hi” I said “can I help you” “yeah, we're the, uh... med students, doctor Figlavitch didn't tell you” I say stumbling over the name. Shelby rolls her eyes at me “Figlavitch didn't tell you, we talked to him on the phone. He, uh, we're from Ohio State” I said hoping to convince him. “He's supposed to show us the Shoemaker corpse. It's for our paper” Shelby says “well, I'm sorry, he's at lunch” the morgue tech said.

“Then, you don't mind just showing us the body, do you” I asked “sorry, I can't, doc will be back in an hour. You can wait for him if you want” the morgue tech said “an hour, ooh. We gotta be heading back to Columbus by then” I said looking at us and Sam and Shelby nodded. “Uh, look, man, this paper's like half our grade, so if you don't mind helping us out -” I start.

“Uh look man no” the tech guy said, I laughed a little a turned around to Sam “I'm gonna hit him in his face I swear” I whispered. Sam hits me on the arm as Shelby steps foreword with a sigh as Sam and I watch her. She polls out some 20's and lay's them on the table. The morgue tech looks at the money then picks it up and stands up “follow me” he said and leaves. Shelby starts to walk away when I grab her shoulder “hey, I earned that money” I said mad.

“You won it in a poker game, besides dad said we need to share the money” Shelby said with a smirk before fallowing. Sam laughs and fallow's Shelby as I stand there for a second and sigh loudly before fallowing. “Now the newspaper said his daughter found him, she said his eyes were bleeding” Sam says. The morgue tech polls the sheet back as he says “more than that. They practically liquefied” “any sign of a struggle? Maybe somebody did it to him” Shelby asked.

“Nope, besides the daughter, he was all alone” “what's the official cause of death” Sam asks “doc's not sure. He's thinking massive stroke, maybe an aneurysm, something burst up in there that's for sure” the morgue tech said. “What do you mean” Shelby asked “intense cerebral bleeding. This guy had more blood in his skull than anyone I've ever seen”. “The eyes, what would cause something like that” Sam asked.

“See a lot of bloodshot eyes with stroke victims” the morgue tech said “yeah? You ever see exploding eyeballs” I asked “that's a first for me, but hey, I'm not the doctor” he said “hey, think we could take a look at that police report? You know for, our paper” I asked “I'm not really supposed to show you that” the morgue tech said. Shelby looks at him annoyed before polling out some more money.