Devil's Trap Pt. 2

Shelby

Dean, Sam, and I pulled up by some train tracks ad got out to see we were in Jefferson City, Missouri. Sam is looking through the Key of Solomon book on the roof of the car, spinning a marker in his hand. Dean and I are at the back of the car, loading up guns and putting them into his duffle bag. Dean is very solemn and Sam looks over at him, concerned. "You've been quiet" Sam said to Dean "just getting ready" Dean says with a sigh.

"He's gonna be fine, Dean" I say already know what he's thinking. Dean doesn't answer and Sam flips to another page of the book. He sees a symbol and picks up the book to walk to the open trunk lid. He rubs off the dirt and starts to draw on the lid. "Dude, what are you drawing on my car" Dean asked mad. "It's called a Devil's trap. Demons can't get through it or inside it" Sam said.

"So your baby won't get hurt" I said not helping but smiling a little. Dean glares at me for a second before turning back to Sam. "It basically turns the trunk into a lockbox" Sam said "so" Dean asked? "So, we have a place to hide the Colt while we go get Dad" Sam said. "What are you talking about? We're bringing the Colt with us" Dean said surprising all of us.

"We can't, Dean. We've only got three bullets left. We can't just use them on any demon, we've got to use them on the demon" Sam said. "No, we have to save Dad, Sam, okay? We're gonna need all the help we can get" Dean said. "Come on Dean, you know how pissed Dad would be if we used all the bullets" I said. "Dean, he wouldn't want us to bring the gun" Sam said.

"I don't care. I don't care what Dad wants, okay? And since when do you care what Dad wants" Dean asked Sam. I take a step back, preparing for who knows what to happen next. "We want to kill this demon. You used to want that, too. Hell, I mean, you're the one who came and got me at school" Sam says, starting to yell. Dean scoffs "you're the one who dragged me back into this, Dean. I'm just trying to finish it" Sam said.

"Well, you and Dad are a lot more alike than I thought, you know that? You both can't wait to sacrifice yourself for this thing. But you know what? Shelby and I are gonna be the one to bury you. You're selfish, you know that? You don't care about anything but revenge" Dean said pointing to me and then himself. I watch, a little amused by them. There a TV show on the go.

"That's not true, Dean. I want Dad back, but they are expecting us to bring this gun. They get the gun, they will kill us all. That Colt is our only leverage and you know it, Dean. We can not bring that gun. We can't" Sam said and Dean sighs "fine" he said "I'm serious, Dean" Sam said. "I said fine, Sam" Dean said and takes the Colt out of his jacket pocket and holds it up to show Sam before putting it in the trunk.

We start to walk by a river near-by and step up besides some trees and I stop, making Sam and Dean look at me. "Think I know what Meg meant by Sunrise" I said and they look over and see an apartment building with a sign out front that says "Sunrise Apartments". "Son of a bitch. That's pretty smart. I mean, if these demons can possess people they can possess almost anybody inside" Dean said.

"Yeah, and make anybody attack us" Sam said. "And so we can't kill them, a building full of human shields" Dean said. "They probably know exactly what we look like, too. And they could look like anybody" I said. "Yeah, this sucks out loud" Dean said with a sigh.

"Tell me about it. Alright, so, how the hell are we going to get in" Sam asked and we look at the building. "Pull the fire alarm, get out all the civilians" I said "okay, but then the city responds in, what, seven minutes" Sam asked? "Seven minutes exactly" Dean said before we headed in.

People are leaving and firemen are coming in. Dean comes up to one of the firemen "hey, what's happening? Is it a fire" Dean asked and I run up next to her. "We're figuring that out right now, sir. Just stay back" the fireman moves Dean away. "Well, I've got a Yorkie upstairs and he pees when he's nervous and I got white carpeting" Dean starts. "Sir, you have to stay back" the fireman says.