Hook Man Pt. 1

Shelby

Dean and I are sitting at a cafe while Sam is on the payphone. “So anything from Trevor” Dean asked while he was looking at the laptop. “Dean” I said “hey, I have a right to ask” Dean said. Sam hung up and walk back to the table “your, uh, half-caf, double vanilla latte is gettin’ cold over here, Francis” Dean said. “Bite me” Sam says and sits down.

“So, anything” I asked and Sam shakes his head “I had ‘em check the FBI’s Missing Persons Data Bank. No John Doe’s fitting Dad’s description. I even ran his plates for traffic violations”. “Sam, I’m tellin’ ya, I don’t think Dad wants to be found” Dean said and Sam looks disappointed. “Check this out” Dean says and shows Sam the article on the computer. “It’s a news item out of Planes Courier. Ankeny, Iowa. It’s only about a hundred miles from here” I say to him. Sam starts to read the article “The mutilated body was found near the victim’s car, parked on 9 Mile Road. Authorities are unable to provide a realistic description of the killer. The sole eyewitness, whose name has been withheld, is quoted as saying the attacker was invisible” Sam red.

“Could be something interesting” Dean said “Or it could be nothing at all. One freaked out witness who didn’t see anything? Doesn’t mean it’s the Invisible Man” Sam said “but what if it is” I said with a smile and Dean sits back in his chair. “Dad would check it out”. Sam sighs and we gather our things and leave. Sam, Dean, and I drive up to this rate kid's live. “One more time, why are we here” Sam asks almost a whisper “victim lived here” I whispered to him. “This is for guys, where are you staying” Sam asked “in the car” I said with a sigh and moved back to the car to get comfy.

After about an hour Dean and Sam came back and Dean opened the drivers door. “Out” Dean said “why can't I drive for once” I asked, almost begging. “I'll have a ghost drive my car before you do” Dean said and I sighed, standing up out of the car “that can be arranged” I said with a smile to Dean. Dean and Sam looked at each other worried before getting in the car. “Where to” I asked “church” Sam said and we headed off to the church.

Dean and Sam walk up to the church and I just stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking at the church worriedly. “Aren’t you coming” Sam asked, stopping, making Dean stop as well. “Churches aren’t my thing, I'll just wait out here” I said and pointed behind me. Sam looked at me confused but Dean nodded “okay, lets go”. I sighed and leaned on the car, crossing my arms and waited for Dean and Sam. After a few minuets people started to come out of the church.

Sam and Dean walked up to me “find Lori” I asked “we think, over there” Sam said and pointed to a girl who was hugging another girl goodbye. We walk up to Lori “are you Lori” Sam asked, making her turn and look at us. “Yes” she said “my name is Sam. This is my brother, Dean and my sister Shelby” Sam says and Dean waves while I nod to her. “Hi” she says to us. “My brother and I just transferred here to the university” Sam said “I saw you inside”. “We don’t wanna bother you. We just heard about what happened and” Sam started.

“We wanted to say how sorry we were” Dean finished, flirting a little. “I kind of know what you’re going through. I,I saw someone get hurt once. It’s something you don’t forget” Sam said and Lori nods. The pastor walked up to us and set an arm on Lori “dad, um, this is Sam, Dean, and Shelby. Dean and Sam are new students” Lori said and Dean shakes his hand. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, sir. I must say, that was an inspiring sermon” Dean said.