Bugs Pt. 2

Please comment!

Shelby

Sam, Dean, and I pulled up outside the local university and get out of the car. We take the box of bones out from the backseat and head towards the building. “So, a bunch of skeletons in an unmarked grave” Dean said. “Yeah, maybe this is a haunting. Pissed off spirits? Some unfinished business” Dean said “yeah, maybe” Sam said “okay, but why bugs, why now” I asked? “Yeah, so with that kid back there, why'd you tell him to just ditch his family like that” Dean asks Sam?

“Just, uh, I know what the kid's goin' through” Sam said. “How 'bout tellin' him to respect his old man, how's that for advice” Dean asks? “Dean, come on” Sam said and we stopped walking, making me sigh. “This isn't about his old man, you think I didn't respect Dad. That's what this is about” Sam asked? “Just forget it, all right? Sorry I brought it up” Dean said and I was about to walk but stopped when they continued to talk.

“I respected him, but no matter what I did, it was never good enough” Sam said “so what are you sayin'? That Dad was disappointed in you” Dean asked? “Was, is, always has been” Sam said. “Why would you think that” Dean asked and I leaned on the building just watching and listening to them. “Because I didn't wanna bowhunt or hustle pool - because I wanted to go to school and live my life, which, to our whacked-out family, made me the freak” Sam said.

“Yeah, you were kind of like the blonde chick in The Munsters” Dean said with a smile. “Dean, you know what most dads are when their kids score a full ride? Proud. Most dads don't toss their kids out of the house” Sam said “I remember that fight. In fact, I seem to recall a few choice phrases comin' out of your mouth” Dean said. “You know, truth is, when we finally do find Dad, I don't know if he's even gonna wanna see me” Sam said. “Sam, Dad was never disappointed in you. Never. He was scared” Dean said, surprising both Sam and I.

“He was afraid of what could've happened to you if he wasn't around. He was afraid that what happened to Shelby would happen to you. But even when you two weren't talkin' he used to swing by Stanford whenever he could. Keep an eye on you. Make sure you were safe” Dean said. “What” Sam asked “yeah” Dean answered. “Why didn't you tell me any of that” Sam asked “well, it's a two-way street, dude. You could've picked up the phone” Dean said and Sam stares at him sadly.

“Okay, if you two are done talking about dad we have an appointment we're going to be late to” I said annoyed an took the box from Sam before walking inside.

Dean

Sam and I watched as Shelby went inside the building. “Whats wrong with her” Sam asked me. “When dad was here, Shelby and him didn't even speak. He kept trying to convince himself that she was a ghost or a hallucination. Once she was taking the second time, dad left me a message and said he was sorry and that he wanted to apologize to her, never got the full chance” I said. “Why” Sam asked and I looked at him “she left before he could” I said.

Sam was silent “your not the only one who has daddy issues. To dad, Shelby’s dead” I said and headed inside with Sam to soon fallow me. “So, you two are students” the professor asks Sam and I “yes, and this is our sister Shelby. She loves these kind of things” I said. “Yeah, uh, we're in your class, Anthro 101” Sam says “oh yeah”. “So, what about the bones, Professor” I ask? “This is quite an interesting find you've made. I'd say they're 170 years old, give or take. The timeframe and the geography heavily suggest Native American” the professor says and looks at them.