Shadow Pt. 3

Shelby

I opened my eyes and look around, seeing Dean, Sam, and I were tied to separate posts. All of our faces were bleeding. "Hey, Sam" I said as he came to and Dean was already awake "don't take this the wrong way, but your girlfriend, is a bitch" I said mad. "This, the whole thing, was a trap. Running into you at the bar, following you here, hearin' what you had to say. It was all a set-up, wasn't it" Sam asked and Meg laughed "and that the victims were from Lawrence".

"It doesn't mean anything. It was just to draw you in, that's all" Meg said "you killed those two people for nothin'" Sam said. "Baby, I've killed a lot more for a lot less" Meg said "you trapped us, good for you. It's Miller time, but why don't you kill us already" Dean asked? "Not very quick on the uptake, are we" Meg asked and leaned into Dean "this trap isn't for you" Meg said.

Dean and I look puzzled as Sam looks as if he had realized something. "Dad, it's a trap for Dad" Sam said and Dean looks at Meg, who smiles at him. "Oh, sweetheart, you're dumber than you look. 'Cause even if Dad was in town, which he is not, he wouldn't walk into something like this. He's too good" Sam said "he is pretty good. I'll give you that" Meg says and walks over to him and sits down, straddling his legs. "but you see, he has one weakness" Meg said.

"What's that" I asked "you, he lets his guard down around his kids, lets his emotions cloud his judgment. I happen to know he is in town. And he'll come and try to save you. And then the Daevas will kill everybody, nice and slow and messy" Meg said "well, I've got news for ya. It's gonna take a lot more than some shadow to kill him" I said. "Oh, the Daevas are in the room here, they're invisible. Their shadows are just the only part you can see" Meg said.

"Why you doin' this, Meg? What kind of deal you got worked out here, huh? And with who" Sam asked "I'm doing this for the same reasons you do what you do loyalty. Love. Like the love you had for Mommy and Jess" "go to hell" Sam said "baby, I'm already there" Meg said "been there, done that" I said and Meg smiles and slides over to Sam.

"Come on, Sam. There's no need to be nasty" Meg says and leans in to whisper in his ear. "I think we both know how you really feel about me. You know, I saw you watching me, changing in my apartment. Turned you on, didn't it" Meg asked and I sighed "get a room you two, or better yet one stays here and the other goes back to hell" I said and Meg looks over at me.

Meg slid over to me, kneeling next to me "you would know wouldn't you? Tell me what was the worst part? When they burned, sliced, and cut your skin or when you realized that your family didn't want you, not even your own father wanted you, he still doesn't" Meg said and stopped, looking over at Dean who quickly looked at Meg. Meg stood up and walked over to Dean and took the knife that he was using to cut the ropes from his hand, throwing it to the side.

Meg slid back over to me and knelt in front of me "now, were you just trying to distract me while your brother cuts free" Meg asked me and I smiled "no, no, that's because I have a knife of my own" I said and Meg looks at me confused. I break free from my ropes and stab Meg's leg "hurts doesn't it" I said in her ear and threw her to the floor "Shelby, get the altar" Dean yelled at me and I walk over to the altar and overturn it. Suddenly, the shadow demon appears and grabs Meg. She is dragged across the floor and crashes through the window, falling down to the street below. I grab my knife and cut Sam and Dean free.

We walk over to the window and see Meg sprawled on the sidewalk, dead. "So, I guess the Daevas didn't like being bossed around" I said "yeah, I guess not. Hey, Sam" Dean said and Sam looked at Dean "next time you wanna get laid, find a girl that's not so buckets-o'-crazy, huh" Dean said and smiles before walking away and Sam and I exchange a look before following.