Nightmare Pt. 1

Sam

I wake up from another nightmare, suddenly wide awake. I look to Dean who is sound asleep in bed. Shelby is laying next to him also sound asleep. I sit up in bed for a moment, then move into action, flipping on the light switch and shaking his brother. "Dean, Shelby" I say as Dean and Shelby stir and I start gathering things. Dean rubs his eyes "what are you doing man, it's the middle of the night" Dean says tired "we have to go" I quick say.

"What's happening" Shelby asks me as she sits up. "We have to go, right now" I say before grabbing my bag and walking out. We head for the car and start to drive, I'm on the phone while Dean drives and Shelby's in the backseat trying to catch up on some sleep. "McReady. Detective McReady. Badge number 158. I've got a signal 480 in progress, I need the registered owner of a two door sedan, Michigan license plate Mary-Frank-six-zero-three-seven. Yeah ok, just hurry" I say "Sammy relax, I'm sure it's just a nightmare" Dean says as it rains.

"Yeah, tell me about it" Sam says "I mean it. Y'know, a normal, everyday, naked-in-class, nightmare. This license plate, it won't check out, you'll see" Dean says and I see Shelby open one eyes and look at Dean. "It felt different Dean, real, like when I dreamt about our old house and Jessica" I told him. "I thought I was the only one who was suppose to have nightmares in this family" Shelby says from the backseat. "Sammy your dreaming about our house, your girlfriend. This guy in your dream, you ever seen him before" Dean asks?

"No" I said "exactly, why would you have premonitions about some random dude in Michigan" Dean asks? "I don't know" I say with a sigh "me neither" Dean says as he drives. "Yes I'm here" I tell the lady on the phone and listen before glaring at Dean then pick up a pen. "Jim Miller. Saginaw, Michigan. You have a street address? Got it, thanks" I say before hanging up. "Checks out, how far are we" I asked Dean "from Saginaw? Coupla hours" "drive faster" I tell him and he pushes on the gas.

We cruise to a stop as we reach Jim Miller's house. We see the Emergency vehicles and someone on a stretcher being zipped into a body bag. Shelby pokes her head up to see better before we all turn to each other, Dean and Shelby looking concerned as I look upset.

Shelby

Dean, Sam, and I approach the watching crowd "what happened" Dean asks a women. "Suicide, can't believe it" the women says as Sam comes up form behind and stands on the woman's other side "did you know them"? "Saw him in every Sunday at St. Augustines. He always seems, seemed, so normal. I guess you never know what's going on behind closed doors" the women says. "Guess not" I say as I look straight ahead "how are they saying it happened" Sam asked?

"I heard they found him in the garage, locked inside his car with the engine running" the women says. "Do you know about what time they found him" I asked "oh it just happened about an hour or two ago, his poor family. I can't even imagine what they're going through" the women says. A woman stands on the front step of the house, crying and leaning against a middle aged man. A young man stands behind them, looking distraught.

Sam watches for a moment before turning and walking away. I notice and hit Dean's arm as we follow him. We lean the Impala "Sam we got here as fast we we could" I tell him "not fast enough. It doesn't make any sense, why would I even have these premonitions if there wasn't a chance I could stop them from happening" Sam asks? "I dunno" Dean says "so what do you think killed him" Sam asks us. "Maybe the guy just killed himself, maybe there's nothing supernatural going on at all" Dean says. "Seance when do we ever have a normal case" I tell Dean. "I'm telling you, I watched it happen. He was murdered by something Dean, it trap him in the garage" Sam says. "What was it, a spirit, poltergeist, what" Dean asks?

Sam starts to get a little worked up "I don't know what it was. I don't know why I'm having these dreams, I don't know what the hell is happening" Sam says and Dean and I stare at Sam for a long moment. "What" "nothing, I'm just, I'm worried about you man" Dean says "well, don't look at me like that" Sam says mad. "We're not looking at you like anything" Dean says and sighs. I look over at Sam "though I gotta say, you do look like crap" I tell him.

"Nice, thanks" Sam says as Dean moved to open the car door "come on, lets just pick this up in the morning. We'll check out the house, talk to the family" Dean says "Dean, you saw them, they're devastated, they're not going to want to talk to us" Sam says "yeah you're right. But I think I know who they will talk to" Dean says "who" Sam ask confused and Dean smirks. "Oh no" I say knowing what Dean is thinking as Sam looks between us confused.

Dean knocked on the Miller house as Sam and I stood next to him. Dean and Sam were dressed as priests while I has some black pants and a nice white short. "This has gotta be a whole new low for us" Sam said and Dean turns to smirk at Sam, then looks back at the door. Mr. Miller opens the door "good Afternoon, I'm Father Simmons, this is Father Frehley, and this is our secretary Amy. We're new junior priests over at St Augustines. May we come in" Dean asked and the man nods.

"Thank you" I said and we walk into the house. "We're very sorry for your loss" Sam says "it's in difficult times like these when the Lord's guidance is most needed" Dean said and I can't help but roll my eyes at him. "Look, you wanna pitch your whole 'Lord has a plan' thing? Fine. Just don't pitch it to me, my brother's dead" Mr. Miller says and Mrs. Miller appears "Roger, please" she says and Roger walks away. "I'm sorry about my brother in law. He's, he's just so upset about Jim's death. Would you like some coffee" Mrs. Miller asked "that would be great" Dean said with a smile.

Dean and I sit on the couch while Sam sits in an armchair. Mrs. Miller pours coffee and hands it around. "It was wonderful of you to stop by, the support of the church means so much right now" she said. "Of course, after all we are all God's children" Dean said and Mrs. Miller walks away and Dean immediately takes more cocktail sausages from the coffee table. Chewing contentedly, he looks at me and I shake my head "what" "just, tone it down a little bit, Father" I said.

Mrs. Miller returns "so, Mrs. Miller, did you husband have a history of depression" "nothing like that. We had our ups and downs like everyone but we were happy. I just don't understand, how Jim could do something like this" she said upset and starts to break down. "I'm so sorry you had to find him like that" I said and Mrs. Miller gestures behind her. "Actually, our son Max, he was the one who found him" Mrs. Miller said and Sam looks through the doors into the dining room and sees Maz sitting in the corner, staring into space.

"Do you mind if maybe, I go talk to him" Sam asks "oh thank you Father" Mrs. Miller says and Sam goes to talk to Max. "May I use your bathroom" I asked an Mrs. Miller nodded "just right up the stairs" she said and I stood up and head up the stairs. Once I'm in the hallway I check to see if the coast is clear, before I pull an infer-red thermal scanner and turn it on. I start to shin it into the different room as I pass them. When I reach the end of the hall I hear footsteps coming up the stairs and quickly hide the scanner.

Suddenly Dean appears "anything" he asked me "nothing" I said and Dean sighs "come on, lets head back".

Please comment and sorry it took so long to update.