Sammy! Pt. 3

Dean

We pull up to the bridge and Sam, Shelby, and I walk along it, then stop to lean on the railing and look down at the river. “So this is where Constance took the swan dive” I said “so you think Dad would have been here” Sam asks “well, he's chasing the same story and we're chasing him” I said and we continue to walk.

“Okay, so now what” Sam asks “now we keep digging until we find him” Shelby says “might take a while” I finish making Sam stop. “Dean, I told you, I've gotta get back by Monday -” Sam starts and I turn around “Monday, right, the interview” “yeah” “yeah, I forgot” I said. You're really serious about this, aren't you” Shelby asks Sam and he nods his head.

“You think you're just going to become some lawyer, marry your girl” I ask “maybe, why not” Sam asks. “Does Jessica know the truth about you, I mean, does she know about the things you've done” I ask him as Sam steps closer “no, and she's not ever going to know”. Shelby crosses her arms “that's healthy” she says to herself but we all can hear her.

“You can pretend all you want Sammy, but sooner or later you're going to have to face up to who you really are” I said and turned around and keep walking with Sam and Shelby fallow. “And who's that” Sam asks “you're one of us” I said as Sam quickly gets in front of me to stop me. “No, I'm not like you, this is not going to be my life” Sam yells at me.

“It's our sister's life to, she chose this life not some normal life” I say to Sam. “She didn't exactly have a choice” Sam said to me. Shelby sighs annoyed by this “you have a responsibility to -” I start. “To Dad and his crusade” Sam says “no to our sister” I yell “we promised dad and her that we would protect you” I said pointing to Shelby. “And we made that promise to mom” I finished calming down a bit.

“If it weren't for pictures I wouldn't even know what Mom looks like and what difference would it make? Even if we do find the thing that killed her, Mom's gone and she isn't coming back” Sam says to me. I quickly grab Sam's collar and shove him up against the railing of the bridge as Shelby runs over to us. “Don't talk about her like that” I say to Sam. “Dean stop, Dean” Shelby says to me and I release San and walk away.

I stop and see Constance standing at the edge of the bridge “Sam, Shelby” I said as they both come and stand next to me. Constance looks over at us, then steps forward off the edge. We quickly run to the railing and look over “where'd she go” Shelby asked “I don't know” Sam said. All of a sudden I hear the sound of an engine starting and its headlights come on making us as turn to see my car is started. “Who's driving your car” Sam asks as I we all stand and watch the car as I pull the keys out of my pocket and jingles them.

All of a sudden the car jerks into motion, heading straight for us making us quickly turn around and run. The car is moving faster than they are making us dive over the railing and the car comes to a halt.

Shelby

We jumped over the railing and I look over to see that Sam caught himself on the edge of the bridge and is hanging on. “Shelby you okay” Sam yells over to me while I'm hanging on “yeah” I say as Sam and I both poll ourselves up onto the bridge and look around. “Dean, Dean” Sam call and we see a filthy and annoyed Dean crawl out of the water covered in mud.