Something Wicked Pt. 2

Shelby

Sam, Dean, and I are at the hospital at night and walk down a hallway. We quickly ducking back when we see Dr. Heidacker as he is about to leave. We head to the old ladies room and Dean readies his gun. Sam gives him a look but shakes his head before we open the door and sneak in. The old woman is in her wheelchair facing toward the corner. She seems to be sleeping. Dean slowly leans in closer and closer to her face before she turns her head to face him "who the hell are you".

Dean freaks, leaping back against a wall cabinet, pulling his gun up as do Sam and I. "Who's there, you trying to steal my stuff? They're always stealing around here" the old women says. Sam turns the lights on and we see she's blind "no ah, ma'am, we're maintenance. We're sorry. We thought you were sleeping" Sam says. "Ahhh, nonsense. I was sleeping with my peepers open" she laughs, then gestures at the wall. "And fix that crucifix, would ya? I've asked four damn times already" the women says.

I look at the cross and hit it a little, making it swing right way up. Dean gives an apological look before we leave. We head back to the motel and by then its day. Sam is laughing as he says "I was sleeping with my peepers open"? Dean looks a little mad "I almost smoked that old girl, I swear. It's not funny" Dean says and I start laughing "your face was priceless".

"Yeah, laugh it off. Now we're back to square one" Dean says to Sam and me before looking over at a boy sitting behind the office looking forlorn "hang on" Dean says and starts to walk away. Sam and I follow. "Hey what's wrong" Dean asks the boy and kneels down next to him. "My brothers sick" he says with tears in his eyes "the little guy" Dean asks and the boy nods.

"Pneumonia, he's in the hospital. It's my fault" the boy says "ah c'mon how" Dean asks? "I shoulda made sure the window was latched. He wouldn't've got pneumonia if the window was latched" the boy says and Dean looks away for a moment. "Hey, listen to me" I said and the boy looks at me "I can promise you that this is not your fault, okay" I said.

"It's my job to look after him" the boy says to us and it reminds me of us. The boy's mother hurries out of the motel and towards her car. "Michael, I want you to turn on the no vacancy sign while I'm gone. I've got Denise covering room service so don't bother with any of the rooms" Michael's mom says. "I'm going with you" "not now Michael" "but I gotta see Asher" Michael says.

"Hey Michael, I know how you feel. I'm a big brother too, but you gotta go easy on your Mom right now, ok" Dean says. Michael's mom drops her handbag in her haste "dammit" she says and Sam picks it up for her "I got it" "thank you". "Listen, you're in no condition to drive, why don't you let me give you a lift to the hospital" Dean says. "No, I couldn't possibly" Michael's mother starts "no, it's no trouble. I insist" Dean says and takes her keys "thanks" she says.

"Be good" Mickael's mom says to him and he nods "we'll keep an eye on him" I said and she nods to me. Dean helps her into her seat then turns to Sam and I "we're gonna kill this thing. I want it dead, you hear me". Dean leaves and Sam and I look at each other.

Sam and I end up heading to the Library to do our own research on what's going on. Sam is on the computer while I'm looking through dad's book for the hundredth time. Sam calls Dean and I listen to the phone call "hey" Dean whispers. "Hey, how's the kid" Sam asked "he's not good. Where you at" Dean asked "Shelby and I are at the library. I've been trying to find out as much as I can about this Shtriga" Sam said.

"Yeah, what have you got" Dean asked "well, bad news. I started with Fort Douglas around the time you said Dad was there, same deal. Before that, there was, uh, Ogdenville, before that North Haverbrook, and Brockway. Every 15 to 20 years it hits a new town. Dean, this thing is just getting started in Fitzburgh. In all these other places it goes on for months. Dozens of kids before the shtriga finally moves on. The kids just languish in comas and then they die" Sam said.